An Introduction to Simple Dessert Recipes
There are simple dessert recipes for every home cook to make, no matter which type of desserts you prefer to eat. Simple dessert recipes include mousse, cheesecake, gelatin recipes, pies, and more. Many people want to recreate special desserts they have sampled in a favorite restaurant or wish to make something their mother or grandmother used to make for them. Desserts can be plain and basic, gourmet and elaborate, or somewhere between the two.
Different Types of Desserts
A dessert can feature as few as two ingredients, or as many as you want. You can choose from any flavor, and some possibilities include chocolate, fruit, coffee, caramel, vanilla, or spices.
You can also get desserts in any texture from smooth and creamy, to crunchy or nutty. Sometimes the magic is in the combination, so you might find that a dessert with a crunchy crust and a creamy filling really hits the spot. A hot dessert served with a cold garnish like ice cream or whipped cream can also be heavenly.
You can make simple dessert recipes for the family meal, for a dinner party, or even for snacks. Sometimes it is nice to have a slice of cake or pie with your coffee as a late afternoon pick-me-up. Even if you do not have a sweet tooth, there are not-so-sweet dessert recipes you can choose from. When it comes to desserts, there literally is something for everybody.
How Easy Can Simple Dessert Recipes Be?
A lot of desserts are no-bake, which means you just have to combine the ingredients and perhaps chill the dessert before serving it. A dessert can be as easy as whisking two ingredients together, so if you are worried about making your own desserts then do not worry, because you can choose something easy if it is your first time making something.
Once you realize just how easy dessert making is, you can experiment with different types of desserts and different flavors. Maybe you are keen to try out a gelatin mold recipe, or a classic dish like apple crisp or strawberry cheesecake.
How to Serve Simple Dessert Recipes
A dessert can be served as it is or with an optional extra like ice cream or whipped cream. Some desserts are traditionally served with some kind of accompaniment. Pie is often served with whipped cream, for example, but it is your choice if you want to substitute one garnish for another.
Other ideas for garnishes include fresh herb sprigs, berries, ice cream syrup, and homemade fruit sauces. It depends whether you are serving the dessert for a family meal, in which case you just want to make the dessert taste as yummy as possible, or whether you want something elaborate for a dinner party.
What Sets Homemade Desserts Apart?
So you might be wondering what it is that sets homemade desserts apart from the kind of desserts you can buy readymade at the store. Homemade desserts have a special charm which is lacking from the store-bought kind. Also, they are better for you because a lot of readymade desserts contain chemicals like preservatives, artificial colors and flavorings, and inferior ingredients.
When you make your own simple dessert recipes, you do not need to use preservatives because you are serving them immediately, you do not have to use coloring agents, and you can use the best quality ingredients if you want the best-tasting desserts. Making your own dessert recipes at home means you have total control about what dessert to make, what ingredients to use and how to garnish and serve the finished dessert.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32438 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17610 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10599 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9478 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9029 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8528 Views)