This pie is so mouthwatering and it is perfect for the holidays. There might be more ingredients in the recipe than you would expect to see but this is well worth making because the flavor is so wonderful. The pumpkin and sweet potato combine to give you plenty of incredible flavor, while the coconut adds a subtle touch and the spices complement the sweet potato and pumpkin taste.
Make your own pastry crust if you wish but it is just as easy to use a readymade one. It is important that the pastry is chilled (fresh from the refrigerator) when you put the pie in the oven. This is so it does not get too dark during the long baking time. Depending on your oven the pie might be ready in 1¾ hours but it usually takes closer to 2 hours, so just keep an eye on it.
If you wish to make this ahead, you can make the sweet potatoes mixture up to 3 days ahead and keep it refrigerated. Keep the cooking liquid (reduced to ¼ cup as detailed in the recipe) too and then you can bring them to room temperature and continue with the recipe when you want. Another idea is to freeze the sweet potato mixture and the cooking liquid for up to 3 months, then you will be able to thaw them in the refrigerator overnight. Make 2 pies at a time if you are expecting lots of company. If you do this, use 3 whole eggs when doubling the ingredients to make the filling. Continue reading
Delicious Romantic Valentines Day Cake Recipe
Give your loved one something special this Valentines Day by making them a cake yourself with this wonderful Romantic Valentines Day Cake Recipe. This Romantic Valentines Day Cake is a deliciously themed cake for the season of love. Romance and love fill the air at the most romantic holiday of the year. This is a moist and delicious Valentines Day cake recipe.
Valentine’s Day Cake
- The romance of two people whose lives intertwine with thoughts of each other and their future, the promise, the emotions, the sweetness of love.
- Illustrate this love with this easy Valentines Cake.
- So easy to prepare and decorate for that special loved one in your life.
- Sometimes the best spoken I love you is that which is not spoken, but represented in things we do or make for that significant other to let them know we care.
- Let this easy delicious Valentine’s Day Cake speak your love without words to your loved one.
This easy Valentine’s Day Cake takes minimal preparation but is a beautiful presentation of sweet devoted love. Decorate this Valentine’s Day Cake with lovely sweet homemade white icing. Reserve a bit of icing and use red food color to make a lovely red icing. Pipe this easy icing into lovely heart shapes on top of cake and sides of cake. You can also use a fine tip on the pipe icing bag and write the words "I love you". What a lovely Valentine’s Day Cake. Continue reading
If you are planning to make a romantic dinner for your loved one on valentine’s day, what better way to finish it off than to serve these cute valentine’s day cheesecake hearts? Of course you can buy romantic desserts like mini cheesecakes, valentine’s day heart shaped cheesecakes and other valentine’s day goodies from the store, but making your own is much nicer and it will show your partner how much you love him or her. Nothing demonstrates your love better than handmade valentine’s day strawberry gelatin cheesecake!
This cheesecake needs to be made either first thing in the morning or the day before for the best results, so if your partner is likely to look in the refrigerator and spoil the surprise, you had best make it on valentine’s day morning!
This valentine’s day dessert is quite easy to make and, if you are looking for valentine’s day dessert recipes, this is a great one to consider because it looks great and tastes wonderful. The chocolate is optional but it does look cool in the cheese layer and chocolate tastes great with the strawberry gelatin, so you might want to include it. Continue reading
This double layer cream cheese pumpkin pie is simple to make and it uses two types of instant pudding – vanilla pudding and pumpkin pudding. Pumpkin instant pudding is only available at certain times of the year. If it is unavailable when you want to make this no bake pumpkin pie, you might want to use two packages of vanilla instant pudding instead and add some canned pumpkin to the mixture.
This is the best ever pumpkin cream pie in terms of both flavor and easiness to make. The cream cheese and cream makes it creamy and luxurious and the puddings give it the perfect flavor. If you cannot find pumpkin pie spice, use a combination of cinnamon and ginger. A little nutmeg gives a nice flavor too but be careful when adding nutmeg or ginger because a little goes a long way. It is obviously easier to add more spice that to remove it when you have added too much!
This cream cheese pumpkin pie has a great consistency and it is nice served ice cold. It needs to be refrigerated for a few hours or overnight, to make sure it sets properly. If you want to make a single layered pumpkin cream cheese pie, mix the two mixtures together and spread the whole lot over the crust. This means combining the cream cheese mixture with the pumpkin pie spice pudding mixture. It is up to you which you choose but the two-tone pie looks extra tempting. Continue reading
Pumpkin pie is a favorite around Halloween and at any other time of the year. This is a really good Halloween dessert. Some pudding pie recipes include pumpkin and the following recipe also includes ginger snap cookies, pecans, cream and instant pudding. A tasty pie crust holds all these delicious gelatin recipe ingredients.
The ginger snap cookies and pumpkin spice give a wonderful warming and spicy flavor to this pudding pie. If you have tried your hand at gelatin salad recipes or gelatin cake recipes, why not try out this wonderful sweet and spicy gelatin recipe next, for a special treat. The pumpkin and nuts are nutritious as well as great tasting.
It is best to freeze this pumpkin gingersnap pie overnight to make sure it sets but six hours is usually sufficient. Let it stand for ten minutes to soften before you try to cut into it. Leftover pumpkin pie keeps well in the freezer. Continue reading
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32438 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17610 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10599 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9478 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9029 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8528 Views)