Chocolate Coffee Mousse with Orange Sauce
This chocolate coffee mousse is a combination of coffee, cocoa, instant pudding, cream, and tofu. Do not let the idea of silken tofu put you off. You cannot taste it in the mousse but it gives it a nice consistency. JELL-O ® does not have a coffee flavored pudding, but the flan flavored one is nice with the coffee. You could use chocolate instant pudding too but it tends to be very rich and this coffee mousse is better if it has a light and delicate flavor, rather than a heavy chocolate flavor.
The orange sauce is simple to make and you can either serve it at room temperature or chilled. If you chill it, it will get even thicker. If you wanted to, you could serve it hot and poured over the coffee mousse instead but this will be a bit messy!
There are plenty of dessert recipes for mousse desserts that you can make and this chocolate coffee mousse shows you how easy it is to combine pudding with a few other ingredients and get great results. Add some coffee liqueur or brandy to the mousse if you like, for a stronger and more luxurious flavor.
- 4 tablespoons strong coffee
- 1 flan flavor instant pudding mix
- 12 oz silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur or brandy (optional)
- 8 oz whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ? cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 6 sprigs fresh mint, to garnish
- 6 slices orange, to garnish
- Mix the coffee, tofu, and instant pudding together, then add the cocoa powder and the coffee liqueur or brandy if you are using it.
- Whip the cream until it is stiff, and then add it to the tofu mixture. Blend it well, and then chill it for a couple of hours.
- Combine the salt, cornstarch, and sugar in a saucepan and stir it well.
- Add the boiling water and cook the orange sauce over a medium high heat, stirring it all the time, until it is clear and thick.
- Add the orange juice concentrate and bring the sauce back to the boil.
- Take it off the heat and stir in the butter.
- Let the sauce cool to room temperature.
- Divide the sauce between 6 serving plates, the put a scoop of mousse on top of each one.
- Garnish with the mint and orange slices.
This is a simple dessert, which is easy to make and tastes delicious. The coffee mousse is subtly flavored with chocolate, to give it a mocha flavor. The sauce is thick and the tangy orange is great with the coffee flavor. This is a nice looking dessert and you can also garnish it with some ice, like in the photo, if you want to. To make a long, flat piece of ice, just freeze some water on a flat tray and snap bits off. Obviously if you are using ice as a garnish, you will need to serve this chocolate coffee mousse immediately.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32438 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18611 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17608 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13824 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10597 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9799 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9475 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9027 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8525 Views)