Baked Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
If you love chocolate, you will love this triple chocolate cheesecake. This is a baked cheesecake made with eggs and sour cream, but the top layer is added afterwards. The crust is a simple graham cracker crumb crust and the cheesecake is made in three layers and topped with delicious chocolate chips. You can use any kind of chocolate chips to decorate this triple chocolate cheesecake. A combination of white and milk chocolate chips is a good idea.
The first layer of this cheesecake is a cream cheese, egg, sour cream and milk chocolate mixture, the second layer is the same but with white chocolate instead of milk chocolate and the top layer is made with chocolate pudding. The chocolate pudding layer gives a nice contrast from the other two layers because it has a totally different flavor and texture from the rest of the cheesecake.
Serve this triple chocolate cheesecake as a snack at any time or after dinner. Anyone who likes the taste of chocolate is sure to love it. If you want to, you could use butterscotch instant pudding instead of chocolate instant pudding for a different flavor.
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ stick softened butter
- 1 ½ lbs softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate
- 4 oz white chocolate
- 4 oz milk chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package chocolate instant pudding
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz chocolate chips (any type)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and coat an 8 inch spring form pan with cooking spray.
- Rub the melted butter into the graham cracker crumbs until the crumbs are all moistened, and then press the mixture into the bottom of the spring form pan.
- Bake it for about 9 minutes or until it has set. Let it cool on a wire rack and turn the oven temperature down to 300 degrees F.
- Beat the cream cheese with the sugar and cornstarch with an electric beater on a medium speed.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla and sour cream.
- Put ⅓ of the mixture in one bowl and the remaining ⅓ in another bowl.
- Melt the chocolate. Stir the white chocolate and 1 oz of the chocolate chips into the ⅓ of the mixture and the semisweet and milk chocolate into the ⅓ of the mixture.
- Spread the mixture with the semisweet and milk chocolate over the cooled cheesecake crust, then spoon the white chocolate mixture over the top of that.
- Bake the cheesecake for an hour or until it sets and the center jiggles a little bit when you shake the pan. If the cheesecake has not pulled away from the pan sides, run a knife around it to release it.
- Let it cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Whisk the milk, heavy cream and instant chocolate pudding mix, then spread this mixture over the top of the cheesecake and refrigerate it for 4 hours.
- Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips over the top and either serve the cheesecake in slices or use a cookie cutter to make individual shapes.
This triple chocolate cheesecake looks really mouthwatering and it is so simple to make. You can use Neufchatel cream cheese or Philadelphia cream cheese to make it and you can use any flavor of instant pudding you want, although chocolate instant pudding goes perfectly with the other two layers in this triple chocolate cheesecake recipe. Baked cheesecakes are not difficult to make and you can use eggs and sour cream in baked cheesecake recipes. They have a different flavor and texture from no-bake cheesecakes. Use a cookie cutter to cut attractive round or heart-shaped cheesecakes or serve this cheesecake in slices.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32439 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17611 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10601 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8530 Views)