Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake
This is a very sophisticated looking hazelnut cheesecake. Perhaps you have seen a hazelnut cheesecake foodnetwork recipe before and this cheesecake recipe is similar in some ways. The delicious chocolate hazelnut cheesecake has a biscotti cookie crust, a creamy vanilla and Frangelico flavor filling and a chocolate sauce. The caramel-coated hazelnuts finish the dish off perfectly.
Frangelico is a hazelnut liqueur. If you cannot find it, use a similar nut liqueur, preferably a hazelnut liqueur. For a contrasting nut flavor though, you could pick an almond liqueur like Disaronno Amaretto. Both these liqueurs are strong flavored so do not use too much. The liqueur does add a sophisticated edge to this hazelnut cheesecake recipe though, so it is worth adding.
The caramel-covered hazelnuts are simple to make and they finish this dish off in style. The chocolate sauce is great too. Homemade chocolate sauce is nicer than store-bought chocolate sauce. If you do not have a muffin tin the right size, you can make six disks with the crust mixture or roll it out and cut six circles with a cookie cutter. The scoops of cheesecake filling will hide the crusts so they do not have to be perfectly round.
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 6 hazelnut biscotti cookies
- 2 teaspoons finely ground toasted hazelnuts
- ⅓ cup dried fine breadcrumbs
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Frangelico or other hazelnut liqueur
- 8 oz sour cream
- ½ cup cold milk
- 8 oz whipped cream
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding
- 12 wafer straws, to serve
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, chopped
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup white sugar
- 18 whole hazelnuts
- ¼ cup water
- ⅛ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup white sugar
- First, make the caramel nuts.
- Combine the water, cream of tartar, and sugar in a pan, and then boil it for about 7 minutes until it goes amber.
- A candy thermometer should read about 340 degrees F when it is ready.
- Dip the hazelnuts into the caramel, using tweezers or a toothpick, and then leave them on a greased plate to set.
- Make fine biscotti crumbs by processing the biscotti cookies in a food processor.
- Combine the crumbs with the sugar, breadcrumbs, and hazelnuts.
- Add the butter and stir with a fork. Use the mixture to line a 6 cup muffin tray. Next, make the filling.
- Combine the cornstarch and water, and then bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cook it until thick, stirring all the time. This takes about 4 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add the lemon juice.
- Let it cool down, and then fold in the whipped cream.
- Beat the cream cheese, and then add the Frangelico and sour cream.
- Whisk the pudding with the milk for 2 minutes, and then let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir the pudding into the cream cheese and Frangelico mixture and spoon this into a big bowl.
- Leave it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to set.
- To make the chocolate sauce, put the water and chocolate in a pan and cook them together over a low heat, stirring until the chocolate melts and blends with the water.
- Add the sugar and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring all the time.
- Take the mixture off the heat and add the butter.
- Stir it until it melts and blends, then add the vanilla.
- Put a biscotti crust on to each of 6 serving plates, topped with a scoop of cheesecake mixture.
- Arrange a couple of wafers on top and pour over some of the chocolate sauce.
- Arrange a few caramel hazelnuts on each plate.
This tasty no bake cheesecake recipe is suitable for absolute cooking beginners to make. The crust ingredients, filling ingredients and topping ingredients simply need to be combined and then you need to chill the gelatin cheesecake until it is set. This is definitely one of the most easy gelatin recipes of all. The lemon in the cheesecake filling gives it a tangy citrus flavor and the grape gelatin topping goes well with the lemon flavor. The fresh mint sprigs adds a color contrast and makes a good garnish, along with some colorful lemon rind.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32440 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9804 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)