Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake Recipe
This wonderful baked cheesecake looks really tasty and has an amazing flavor. A chocolate truffle is a cocoa-covered, ganache-filled chocolate candy. They are named truffles because their shapes resemble truffle fungus. However, in the following chocolate truffle cheesecake recipe, the cocoa is used in the filling itself, instead of being used to fill anything.
This is a rich dessert and if you like chocolate you will really enjoy this chocolate truffle cheesecake recipe, especially if the thought of truffles makes your mouth water. Chocolate truffles were created in 1895 in France and there are three main kinds of truffles – American, European, and Swiss. American truffles are half-egg shaped and made with milk or dark chocolate and butterfat.
A European truffle is made with cocoa powder, milk powder, syrup, and milk fats. A Swiss truffle is made with dairy cream, butter and melted chocolate. Swiss truffles are coated in cocoa powder. They have to be eaten within a couple of days of being made. Imagine all that rich, creamy flavor being put into a cheesecake recipe. If you like the sound of that, you will enjoy the following chocolate truffle cheesecake recipe.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 27 chocolate wafers
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup baking cocoa
- 1 ½ lbs softened cream cheese
- 1 cup chilled milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz partially melted milk chocolate chips
- 1 package butterscotch instant pudding
- chocolate ice cream syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the wafers in a food processor to make crumbs or put them in a Ziploc bag and bash them with a rolling pin.
- Mix the wafer crumbs with 2 tablespoons of the sugar and the butter and press the mixture over the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake it for 10 minutes, and then let it cool on a wire rack.
- Turn the oven down to 325 degrees F.
- Melt the semisweet chocolate chips in the microwave or in a small pan, stirring them until you have a smooth mixture.
- Take them off the heat and add the cream.
- Mix it well then set this mixture aside.
- Beat the rest of the sugar into the cream cheese, then add the cocoa and beat again.
- Add the eggs and beat again. Stir in the reserved chocolate mixture and the vanilla extract.
- Pour this over the crust and bake the cheesecake for 45 minutes or until the center is nearly set but still jiggles when you shake the pan. Cool the pan on a wire rack.
- Beat the chilled milk with the heavy cream and butterscotch instant pudding and spoon this mixture over the cooled cheesecake. Drizzle the partially melted milk chocolate chips over the top of the cheesecake.
- Chill the cheesecake overnight, then remove the sides of the pan and cut it into slices to serve.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup over the cheesecake to serve.
The flavor of this special cheesecake is reminiscent of cocoa-covered traditional truffles. This is one of the most delicious jello recipes and if you enjoy pudding, you will find the butterscotch layer a great topping for this rich and hearty cheesecake recipe. This is a baked cheesecake and it has three layers – a chocolate crust, a creamy chocolate truffle layer, and a chocolate chip covered butterscotch layer. Do not melt the chocolate chips totally – the texture is more interesting if some are not melted. This chocolate truffle cheesecake recipe is best if you chill it overnight so make it the day before you need it. This amazing tasting cheesecake is guaranteed to satisfy both your hunger and your sweet tooth.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49943 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32451 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18615 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17621 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13829 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10610 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9815 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9483 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8542 Views)