Orange and Walnut Cheesecake Recipe
This amazing walnut cheesecake recipe combines coffee flavored cheesecake pudding with a coffee and orange flavored cake. The cake is made from scratch and the frosting is made with cheesecake instant pudding, cream, milk, and orange peel. This is quite an easy dessert recipe to make.
This is not a traditional type of cheesecake, in that you do not have a crumb layer, cheesy layer and fruit layer. This is more of a regular cake with a cheesecake flavor. If you want to leave the coffee out of it, that is fine, but a hint of coffee is spectacular with the rich, earthy taste of walnuts. The orange peel adds a nice fruity flavor too. If you do not have a fresh orange to peel, use a teaspoon of orange juice concentrate instead.
This delicious walnut cheesecake is great with a cup of coffee and it is a real pick-me-up after a long, hard day. Everyone will love this delicious recipe for walnut cheesecake, from the youngest member of the family who loves anything sweet and soft, right up to the grandparents. In fact, you had better make two – this is going to disappear really fast!
- 4 ½ oz white sugar
- 4 ½ oz softened butter
- 4 ½ oz self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coffee granules, dissolved in ? cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 walnut halves
- 3 oz chopped walnuts
- Peel from 1 orange
- 1⅓ cups cold milk
- 3 cups Cool Whip
- 2 packages cheesecake flavor instant pudding
- Preheat the oven to 320 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 inch spring form cake tin.
- Beat the sugar and butter, and then add the flour, baking powder, and eggs.
- Beat in 1 tablespoon of the coffee mixture, and then add the rest, bit by bit, until the mixture is runny enough to drop off the spoon.
- Stir in half the chopped nuts and half the orange peel.
- Spoon the cake batter into the prepared cake pan and bake the cake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 15 minutes in the pan, and then put it on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk the milk with the cheesecake instant pudding until you have a thick, smooth mixture.
- Add the Cool Whip, the orange peel and some of the coffee mixture.
- Keep adding more coffee mixture until you have a good flavor and color.
- If the cheesecake frosting mixture is too runny, add some sifted powdered sugar.
- Cut the cake into 3 horizontal layers and sandwich each layer together with some of the cheesecake flavored frosting.
- Spread the frosting over the top and outside of the cake and press the chopped walnuts around the outside of the cake.
- Arrange the walnut halves on the top.
- Serve each slice of cake garnished with some fresh mint and some extra chopped walnuts sprinkled over the plate.
If you like homemade cakes like your grandmother used to make, you are really going to appreciate the homemade flavor and texture of this walnut cheesecake. The coffee, orange and walnut flavors are all wonderful together and this cheesecake blends crunchiness with smooth softness, for a real melt in the mouth sensation. Walnuts are good for you and walnut cheesecake is quite an unusual flavor but one that is really amazing. Serve this with a cup of coffee for the perfect snack or after dinner. You can even serve this walnut cheesecake at a party or special occasion. It is certainly elegant enough.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32439 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17612 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10601 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8530 Views)