Turtle Cheesecake Recipe
This delicious chocolate turtle cheesecake combines the flavors of chocolate, pecans and caramel. If you like rich, indulgent desserts, you are going to love this recipe for chocolate turtle cheesecake. The pecan crust is topped with a layer of caramel syrup, then three chocolate layers and finally a crunchy chocolate glaze and fresh mint leaves.
This is a baked turtle cheesecake and it is quite easy to make. As this cheesecake chills, it sets firm. Serve it very cold after dinner and watch everyone enjoying its rich, luxurious flavor and gooey texture. This is a great chocolate turtle cheesecake and if you want to know how to make turtle cheesecake, this is one of the best recipes to use for it.
A lot of dessert recipes for cheesecake use pudding and the following recipe for chocolate turtle cheesecake has a pudding layer which contrasts well with the baked layers. Whether you are a diehard chocoholic or someone with a sweet tooth and a passion for turtle cheesecake, the following recipe is guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth perfectly.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp caramel ice cream syrup
- 10 oz semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ lbs softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 oz white chocolate
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package chocolate instant pudding
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Fresh mint leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the flour with the brown sugar, 1 cup of the pecans and the butter, then press this mixture over the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake it for 15 minutes or until it is set, then cool it on a wire rack and turn the oven temperature down to 300 degrees F.
- Spread the caramel syrup over the cooled crust.
- Beat the white sugar and cornstarch into the cream cheese, using an electric beater.
- Beat in the eggs, then the sour cream and vanilla.
- Divide the mixture between 2 bowls.
- Melt all the white chocolate and all but 4 oz of the semisweet chocolate.
- Add the white chocolate and the rest of the pecans to one bowl and the semisweet chocolate to the other.
- Spread the semisweet chocolate mixture over the caramel syrup-covered crust, and then spread the white chocolate pecan mixture over the top of that.
- Bake for about an hour or until the middle of the cheesecake jiggles a little when you shake the pan but is otherwise set.
- Leave it in the pan and cool it on a wire rack. Whisk the chocolate pudding mix with the cream and milk, and then spread this over the cheesecake.
- Chill it for 3 hours.
- Grate the remaining 4 oz of semisweet chocolate.
- To make the glaze, melt the chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup in a double boiler or microwave the chocolate chips and stir the butter and corn syrup in.
- Pour the glaze over the cheesecake and sprinkle the rest of the semisweet chocolate around the outside of the cheesecake.
- Chill for 30 minutes, and then decorate each cheesecake slice with some fresh mint leaves.
This wonderful turtle cheesecake recipe combines the flavors of chocolate, pecans, caramel, fresh mint, cream cheese and more, for a really flavorful and delicious result. The cheesecake layers contrast nicely, both in terms of flavor and texture. The crust and chocolate glaze topping are crunchy and the chocolate layers inside this turtle cheesecake recipe are soft and they melt in the mouth. This is an attractive enough recipe for chocolate turtle cheesecake to serve at a dinner party or another event, or simply make it to surprise and delight your family after dinner tonight.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32440 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9804 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)