Candied Orange Cheesecake with White Chocolate
This delicious orange cheesecake is enriched with white chocolate for a really luxurious and decadent flavor. The topping is made with candied oranges and orange gelatin. You can either make candied oranges or buy them. To make your own, cut a navel orange into quarter inch thick slices.
Combine one and a half cups of water with half a cup of white sugar in a skillet and bring the mixture to a boil. Add the sliced orange and cook over a medium heat until liquid is like thin syrup and the orange slices are translucent. This will take about twenty minutes. Turn the heat down to low and keep simmering the orange slices for ten minutes or until the syrup thickens and the orange is tender. Turn the slices occasionally. Let the candied orange slices cool and keep them for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
The white chocolate and orange are a wonderful combination in this orange gelatin cheesecake recipe. Fresh oranges would be a bit chewy to use in the topping. This ultra sweet gelatin and orange topping is delicious with the cream cheese mixture and the sweet graham cookie base. This is a really flavorsome orange blossom cheesecake recipe that is simple to make and difficult to get wrong.
- 3 oz package orange gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup butter
- 8 oz softened Philadelphia cream cheese
- 12 oz chilled evaporated milk
- 10 squares white chocolate
- 1 package candied orange slices
- Dissolve half the orange gelatin in half the boiling water and leave it to thicken and cool.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, the butter, and ½ cup of the sugar and press the mixture into a 10 inch round pan or something of a similar size.
- Chill the crust in the refrigerator.
- Melt 8 of the white chocolate squares.
- Combine the cream cheese with the rest of the sugar.
- Whip the evaporated milk, and then fold it in to the cream cheese mixture with the thickened orange gelatin.
- Add the melted chocolate and stir well.
- Spoon this cream cheese mixture into the crust and leave it to set for 2 hours.
- Arrange the candied orange slices over the top of the cheesecake.
- Dissolve the remaining orange gelatin in the rest of the boiling water and leave it for 30 minutes to thicken.
- Pour the gelatin mixture over the top of the candied orange slice-covered cheesecake.
- Leave it in the refrigerator for 3 hours or until it is set.
- Grate the remaining white chocolate squares over the top of the cheesecake.
This light and refreshing orange cheesecake is especially good in the spring or summer. This is a real gourmet cheesecake recipe and if you like white chocolate and orange together you will really enjoy it. The candied oranges are simple to make at home and all you need is an orange and some sugar. The cream cheese layer is flavored with white chocolate and orange gelatin and the crust is a simple graham cracker, sugar, and butter combination. Serve this refreshing cheesecake ice cold for the best results. You will definitely make this one more than once.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49876 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32445 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17620 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10606 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9807 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9035 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8537 Views)