Fresh Blueberry Cheesecake with Lime
This fresh blueberry cheesecake has a thick crust, a delicious lime flavored cheese layer, and a mouthwatering, fruity topping. If you have some fresh blueberries, this is a great recipe to use them in. You need to cook the blueberries with sugar to soften and sweeten them. A touch of lime juice gives them a great tang and goes with the lime flavored cream cheese layer.
Blueberries are rich in vitamins C and E and they also contain antioxidants, which fight the aging process. Not only is this recipe for fresh blueberry cheesecake delicious. It is healthy as well! The creamy layer is made with vanilla cheesecake flavored instant pudding, cream cheese and lime. Philadelphia is the most popular cream cheese used in cheesecake recipes and it has the perfect texture and flavor.
If you cannot find fresh blueberries, you can use thawed blueberries or a drained can of blueberries. The flavor will be similar but they will have a softer texture. If you use fresh blueberries, make sure you rinse them well and pick out any rotten ones. You might like to combine blueberries with sliced strawberries or raspberries in this blueberry cheesecake recipe, for a different flavor, texture, and color.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 package vanilla flavor instant pudding
- 1 package cheesecake flavor instant pudding
- Grated peel from 1 lime
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip
- 1 ½ cups cold milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries ¼ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs with half the sugar and the butter.
- Press this mixture into the base of a 9 inch spring form pan and bake it for 10 minutes. Let it cool.
- Whisk the lime peel, pudding mixes and milk together until the mixture is thick and smooth, then stir in the Cool Whip.
- Spoon this mixture over the cooled crust and chill it for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Combine the cornstarch, lime juice, and water with the rest of the sugar in a pan.
- Cook this mixture, stirring all the time.
- Add the blueberries and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Let the blueberry mixture cool down, then spread it on top of the cheesecake, and chill it for 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove the sides from the spring form pan and serve the cheesecake in wedges.
This is a classic looking cheesecake recipe. If you like cheesecake recipes, you will like the cheese layer because it is made with vanilla and cheesecake flavored instant pudding. This tasty fresh blueberry cheesecake is made with fresh blueberries, giving it a really good flavor. Serve this cheesecake ice cold with your favorite beverage. It is just as cool with a glass of milk or lemonade as it is with a hot cup of coffee or cocoa. The thick base is really delicious too. You could make a thinner base if you want, along with sides, but just pressing the cookie layer on to the base of the pie dish means the base will be extra thick and delicious.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32441 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13827 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9806 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8534 Views)