Italian Style Cherry and Ricotta Cheesecake
Ricotta cheesecakes are Italy’s answer to New York style cheesecakes. They are lighter, with a more savory flavor. This cherry and ricotta cheesecake is fragranced with vanilla and orange zest for a classic Italian cheesecake recipe flavor, and then the topping is cherry gelatin made with cherry coke for an especially rich flavor. If you do not want to use cherry coke, you can simply use a cup of boiling water plus the gelatin powder.
Do not worry if the ricotta layer sinks as it cools down. This is completely normal. Wait until it has finished sinking and cooling before you pour on the gelatin layer. It is best to leave the gelatin in the refrigerator overnight, so the gelatin can set properly. Else, give it at least six hours before you serve it, just to make sure everything is set.
This cherry cheesecake pie is quick and simple to make and, if you love gelatin recipes, this is a great way to use gelatin to make a creamy and delicious treat. There are lots of different cherry cheesecake recipes and some use cherry pie filling on top but this one, with its cherry gelatin, is both easy and very tasty.
- 1 readymade 9 inch graham cracker crust
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 6 eggs
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package cherry gelatin
- ¾ cup boiling water
- ¼ cup cherry coke
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Stir the ricotta with a spatula to get it really smooth, and then add the flour and sugar.
- Add the eggs, beating well after each addition, then add the orange zest, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into the crust and bake it for about an hour and 15 minutes or until the center is quite firm and the cheesecake is light gold in color.
- Let it cool on a wire rack.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water, then stir in the cherry coke and leave the gelatin to thicken.
- Pour the cherry gelatin over the creamy ricotta cheesecake and leave it overnight in the refrigerator to set completely.
This delicious looking cherry and ricotta cheesecake looks wonderful and tastes even better. The crumbly graham cracker crust is beautiful with the orange and vanilla flavored ricotta cheese layer. The cherry gelatin finishes this Italian style cheesecake off in style and this is a very appetizing looking cherry cheesecake pie recipe. This cheesecake keeps well for a couple of days in the refrigerator and it is nice served ice cold. Fruity berry flavors like cherry are always great with creamy flavors and textures, so this cheesecake is perfectly balanced, both in terms of flavor and texture.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49942 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32448 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18615 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17621 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10609 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9810 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8538 Views)