Key Lime Cheesecake Recipe with Vanilla Frosting
This delicious no bake key lime cheesecake is made with a graham cracker crust, a lime gelatin flavored filling and a vanilla cream frosting. It is decorated with candied lime, which you can buy or make.
To make your own candied lime for this key lime cheesecake recipe or a similar recipe, bring four cups of sugar and two cups of water to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves, then take it off the heat. Put the julienned zest of six limes in another pan with some cold water and bring it to a boil. Drain and rinse the zest and start again with more cold water. Repeat this one last time. Put the zest in a pan with an inch of sugar water and bring it to a boil. Let it simmer for ten minutes, then drain the zest and toss it in sugar. Candied lime zest keeps for about four weeks in an airtight container. Store them at room temperature.
The following key lime rum cheesecake recipe is simple to make and it looks really elegant too. If you like the tangy flavor of lime, this is one of the nicest and most refreshing gelatin recipes to finish off a meal with.
- 5 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup plus 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 package lime gelatin
- Zest from 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons light rum (optional)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 10 ice cubes
- ¾ can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 pieces candied lime
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup solid vegetable shortening
- 2 ½ tablespoons all purpose flour ½ cup milk
- Mix the gelatin with the boiling water, stirring until it dissolves, then add the ice cubes. Leave the gelatin in the refrigerator until it is set.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter and 2 tablespoons of the sugar and press this mixture over the base of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Refrigerate it for 20 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese with the vanilla, evaporated milk, lime zest, rum and the rest of the sugar. Beat in the gelatin and pour the mixture on to the crust.
- Chill the cheesecake for an hour while you make the frosting.
- Whisk the milk into the flour in a saucepan, and then cook it over a low heat, stirring all the time, until you have a smooth, thick mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate the frosting until it is cool.
- Cream the butter and shortening, then beat in the vanilla and powdered sugar until the mixture is fluffy.
- Add the milk and flour mixture and beat it for 10 minutes or until the frosting is like whipped cream.
- Spread half of it over the top of the cheesecake and pipe the rest around the cheesecake edge.
- Garnish with the candied lime pieces.
This no bake key lime cheesecake looks great and tastes even better. The lime gelatin flavored filling really goes well with the lime zest to give the right color and flavor to this key lime cheesecake. The rum is optional but it tastes good in the finished cheesecake. The candied lime makes a nice decoration on top of the frosting but if you do not have any or you do not like it, you can use glace cherries, chocolate candies or anything else you like. A slice of strawberry makes a nice decoration too.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32439 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9804 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)