Layered Lemon and Lime Cheesecake
This delicious citrus cheesecake recipe is perfect if you want to make an extra special dessert, or a birthday cake or wedding cake with a difference. It is layered in tiers, which means each layer is smaller than the one underneath.
You can use a ten inch springform pan, an eight inch one, and a four inch one, or else you can use larger ones. Obviously you will not want to overfill the pan, but if you have bigger pans you can half-fill them and it will not affect the finished recipe.
This flavorful cheesecake contains lemon, lime, evaporated milk, cream cheese, vanilla and more, for a citrusy, creamy flavor. You are also going to use gelatin to give the cheesecake a great consistency.
- 3 cups chilled evaporated milk
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons gelatin dissolved in 1 cup hot water and then cooled
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, plus more for garnish
- 1 finely sliced lemon, for garnish
- 1 finely sliced lime, for garnish
- 1 cup lemon sorbet or vanilla ice cream, to serve
- 4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup melted butter
- ? cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup boiling water
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon butter
- ½ tablespoon grated lemon zest
- ? teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon to make the crust.
- Press the mixture on to the bases of 3 springform cake tins. Use a 10 inch tin, an 8 inch tin, and a 4 inch tin.
- Bake the cheesecake crusts for 10 minutes, and then let them cool while you prepare the topping.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar.
- Add the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon each of lemon and lime zest, vanilla extract, and gelatin mixture.
- Beat the evaporated milk in a second bowl until it is stiff.
- Add the evaporated milk to the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Pour this mixture over the cooled crusts and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan, to make the sauce.
- Add the boiling water and cook until the mixture is thick and clear.
- Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest, and butter.
- Stack the cheesecakes together on a serving platter, with the largest on the bottom and the smallest on top.
- Decorate the tiered cheesecake recipe with the lemon and lime slices.
- Drizzle the sauce around the outside of the platter and add some lemon sorbet or vanilla ice cream.
- Decorate the sorbet or ice cream with lemon and lime zest.
You can see from the photo how elegant this lemon and lime cheesecake dessert looks. The green and yellow from the lime and lemon gives it plenty of color and the cheesecake is garnished with lemon sauce and your choice or sorbet or ice cream. The lemon sauce and sorbet or ice cream are optional actually and the tiered cheesecake dessert is perfectly impressive and flavorful without them, if you prefer to serve it that way. If you have made a couple of easy cheesecake recipes in the past and you are ready to try something a little more ambitious, perhaps you would like to make this mouthwatering dessert?
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49943 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32451 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18615 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17621 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13831 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10612 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9815 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9483 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8544 Views)