Luscious Lemon and Philadelphia Apricot Cheesecake Recipe
This delicious apricot cheesecake recipe makes a great dessert. The walnut crust is really good and the lemon gelatin flavored creamy layer is really flavorful. Evaporated milk is used to add creaminess and sweetness. Once you know how to make a lemon cheesecake, you can top it with any flavor of gelatin you like and perhaps some cream, syrup, fresh fruit or a homemade fruit sauce recipe too. Whether you have made a lemon pudding, no bake cheesecake, an apricot cheesecake recipe, or another type of cheesecake before or not, you will find this recipe simple to follow.
The apricot gelatin topping on this lemon cheesecake is colorful and delicious and a homemade apricot sauce finishes this delicious and easy cheesecake recipe off in style. You can make the sauce up to three days ahead, if you like. Let it cool uncovered, and then store it in the refrigerator covered. Bring it to room temperature before pouring it over the lemon and apricot cheesecake.
You can halve the sauce or make it as the recipe specifies and have some left over. Leftover apricot sauce is great on your breakfast cereal, to top ice cream or with yogurt or mousse. Using fresh apricots to make the sauce gives it a really delicious and naturally fruity flavor.
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 oz package lemon gelatin
- 12 oz chilled evaporated milk
- 3 oz package apricot gelatin
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 1 lb Philadelphia cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ vanilla bean, halved lengthways
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 lb fresh apricots, pitted and quartered
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Fresh mint leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Beat the brown sugar into the butter, and then add the nuts and flour.
- Press the mixture into a greased 13 x 9 inch pan and bake it for about 12 minutes.
- Let it cool. Dissolve the lemon gelatin in the boiling water and let it thicken up in the refrigerator.
- Mix together the cream cheese and 1 cup of the white sugar.
- Add the thickened gelatin.
- Using a wire whisk, whip the evaporated milk, and then add it to the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour it into the cooled crust and chill for 6 hours or overnight.
- Make up the apricot gelatin, following the directions on the package and chill it in the refrigerator until it is thick, then spoon it over the chilled cheesecake.
- Leave the cheesecake in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or until the gelatin on top has set.
- Scrape the seeds out of the vanilla pod into a 2 quart pan and add the pod, the cold water, apricot pieces, and the rest of the white sugar.
- Add the lemon juice. Cook over a medium heat, uncovered, stirring often, and removing any foam from the top.
- Keep cooking for about 10 minutes, until the apricots are soft, and then cool the sauce to room temperature.
- Add more lemon juice to taste, if necessary and remove the vanilla pod.
- Pour the apricot sauce over the apricot cheesecake and dot some on the serving plates too.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve.
This delicious looking apricot cheesecake has a nutty crust, a lemon flavored creamy layer and a wonderful apricot topping. This is a light and refreshing cheesecake recipe, which is perfect for any ages and any occasion. Dot some apricot sauce on the plate just before you serve it, for an easy and nice looking garnish. A couple of fresh mint leaves adds color too. If you like fruity cheesecakes, you will love this apricot and lemon cheesecake recipe. It is tasty enough for a treat anytime and classy enough to serve at a dinner party.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32443 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17617 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10604 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9806 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9031 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8536 Views)