Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake
This orange cheesecake is made in stages. First, there is a vanilla wafer crust, then a creamy, orange-flavored filling, then a delicious orange gelatin topping. Finally, an orange sauce is poured over the top of the cheesecake and it is left to set.
You have the choice of chilling this orange creamsicle cheesecake or freezing it. It is just as good served frozen as chilled, so it is up to you, which you prefer. If you freeze it, the drizzled sauce will become hard so you might like to freeze individual portions so the sauce drips down the side. It just looks better that way.
This is quite an unusual looking cheesecake and you can make it in a square tin if you like, so you can cut rectangular cheesecake bars. The crust is very pale, nearly white in fact, because of the vanilla wafers. If you want to, you can use crushed meringues as well as the vanilla wafers. The creamy filling is made with cream cheese, cream, eggs, and vanilla. Fresh orange is added to this orange cream cheesecake too, to give it a delicious tangy flavor. The topping is made with orange gelatin and pieces of fresh orange.
- 1⅓ cups white sugar
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 orange, no skin, or white pith
- 1 package orange gelatin
- 1 cups boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 8 sprigs fresh mint, for garnish
- Orange zest, for garnish
- Grease a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Combine the vanilla wafer crumbs with ¼ cup of the sugar and stir in the melted butter.
- Press this mixture on to the base of the pan and freeze it until you are ready to add the filling.
- Beat the cream cheese with the egg yolks, vanilla, and ¾ cup of the sugar.
- Beat the egg whites, and then fold them into the egg yolk mixture.
- Beat the cream into stiff peaks, and then fold it into the cheesecake batter.
- Chop the orange flesh into small pieces, ensure all the skin and white bits have been removed, and then stir half of it into the batter.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the pan and freeze it for 4 hours.
- Stir the gelatin into the boiling water and keep stirring until it all dissolves.
- Stir in the cold water, and then let the gelatin thicken up a bit.
- Stir the rest of the chopped orange flesh into the orange gelatin, then pour it over the frozen cheesecake and leave it to set in the refrigerator.
- Combine the cornstarch with the remaining ⅓ cup of white sugar.
- Stir in the orange juice and turn the heat up to medium.
- Bring the mixture to a low boil, stirring it all the time until it is clear and thick.
- Let the sauce cool, and then drizzle it over the cheesecake.
- Keep the cheesecake in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
- Garnish each serving with some strips of orange peel and a sprig of fresh mint.
If you like orange vanilla cheesecake recipes, orange blossom cheesecake recipes, or creamsicle pies, you are really going to enjoy this delicious orange cheesecake. The combination of a vanilla wafer crust, creamy filling, and orange gelatin topping is finished off beautifully with a homemade orange sauce. This is a very attractive dessert and you will find it light, airy, and refreshing. This cheesecake is equally good frozen or chilled so why not try it both ways to see which you prefer? The fresh orange used in this cheesecake recipe gives it a fresh tangy taste and shows that it is obviously homemade.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32444 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17620 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10605 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9807 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9035 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8536 Views)