Summer Cheesecake with Fruit on Top
This cheesecake with fruit on top looks stunning and tastes even better. The crust is an unusual combination of oats, butter, flour, and sugar, which gives a wholesome taste. The filling is a creamy white chocolate flavored cream cheese mixture and the topping is a layer of fresh berries with white chocolate curls.
To make the chocolate curls, warm a two ounce block of chocolate for thirty seconds in the microwave and use a vegetable peeler to press down and peel the curls off the chocolate. The harder you press, the thicker the curls will be. Let them fall on to a chilled, wax paper lined baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator. White chocolate tends to be softer than dark chocolate but you need the chocolate to be quite soft to make the curls. You might not want to use all the chocolate in the recipe. If not, white chocolate curls keep well in the refrigerator and you can sprinkle them on any dessert or cake recipe.
This cheesecake with fresh fruit topping is not difficult to make and when fresh fruit is in season, this is a lovely way to use it. You can use any berries you like. Try combining some sweet berries like raspberries with some tart ones like redcurrants for a more complex flavor.
- 2 ¼ cups raw quick oats
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 package white chocolate instant pudding
- 1 ¼ cups cold milk
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 4 oz whipped cream
- 1 cup raspberry jelly (not jam)
- 1 ½ pints fresh berries (raspberries, blackberries and redcurrants are a good mixture)
- ½ tablespoon kirsch (optional)
- 2 oz white chocolate curls
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the brown sugar, oats, butter, and flour and press this mixture on to the base of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes, and then let it cool in the pan.
- Beat ¼ cup of the milk with the cream cheese, using a wire whisk.
- Add the rest of the milk and the white chocolate instant pudding mix and beat for another minute.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Spoon this mixture over the cooled crust, still in the pan.
- Chill the cheesecake for about 4 hours or until it is set.
- Carefully remove the sides of the spring form pan.
- Melt the jelly over a low heat.
- Heat destroys the gelling properties of gelatin so the jelly will become a liquid.
- Toss the berries with the liquid jelly and kirsch in a bowl, and then arrange them on top of the cheesecake.
- Sprinkle some of the white chocolate curls over the top and keep the rest in the refrigerator.
- Chill the cheesecake until you are ready to serve it.
What a wonderful looking cheesecake to serve if you are out to impress! This tasty cheesecake with fruit topping is simple to make. The crust is a nourishing oat mixture, the filling is creamy and topping is healthy as well as delicious. This cheesecake looks complicated to make but it is really easy. A lot of jello recipes like this cheesecake with fruit on top are easy to make and pudding is the perfect ingredient to blend with cream cheese, milk, and whipped cream for a perfect cheesecake filling.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49942 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32451 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18615 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17621 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13829 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10610 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9815 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9483 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8542 Views)