Unbaked Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
This lemon sour cream cheesecake is very easy to make. It is an unbaked lemon cheesecake recipe. The crust is made with chocolate wafers and the filling is a delicious tangy mixture of lemon, vanilla, cream cheese, sour cream, and lemon gelatin. The lemon gelatin gives this lemon cheesecake recipe a great flavor and texture.
Some people like unbaked cheesecake recipes and others prefer baked cheesecake recipes. Unbaked cheesecake often contains gelatin because it helps it to set instead of being too runny. This cheesecake lemon sour cream recipe is decorated simply with lemon zest and white chocolate sprinkles. If you wanted to, you could decorate it with fruit or milk chocolate sprinkles instead, to add a bit more color.
The slightly sour tang of the sour cream goes beautifully with the acidic lemon flavor. The sugar in this lemon cheesecake recipe helps to keep it sweet and the white chocolate adds sweetness too. This is not one of those cheesecake recipes, which has a sweet crust, a sweet filling, and a sweet topping. Instead, the crust is sweet, the filling is tangy, and the topping is a mixture of the two.
- 1 ½ cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- ½ stick butter, melted
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package lemon gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 oz sour cream
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup grated white chocolate
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Dissolve the lemon gelatin in the boiling water and let it cool down and thicken.
- Combine the chocolate wafer crumbs with the butter and ¼ cup of the sugar and press this mixture over the bottom and partway up the sides of a 9 inch spring form dish.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Cream the rest of the sugar and the cream cheese together and pour the thickened gelatin into this mixture.
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla, and then fold in the sour cream.
- Spoon this mixture into the crust.
- Combine the lemon zest and white chocolate and sprinkle this mixture over the top of the lemon cheesecake.
- Refrigerate it for 3 hours.
If you are looking for a dessert recipe that is not too sweet, this cheesecake lemon sour cream recipe might suit you down to the ground. The sharp citrus flavor of the lemon and the tart flavor of the sour cream are balanced with the sweetness of chocolate and sugar but this is quite a simple recipe and it tastes delicious, creamy, and refreshing. Serve this unbaked lemon cheesecake recipe with a colorful garnish. Maybe a red grape and some mint leaves, or a slice of orange and some white chocolate ice cream syrup. This is one of our easy gelatin recipes and if you like lemon you will love this lemon sour cream cheesecake.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32438 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17610 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10600 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9479 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9029 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8530 Views)