Cheesecake with Fruit on Top
This wonderful cheesecake with fruit on top starts off with a chocolate cookie base, then has a berry flavored creamy layer and finally a delicious fresh fruit topping, decorated with chocolate covered strawberries. The glaze for fruit on top of the cheesecake is simply warmed up blueberry jelly (it is warmed up to make it runny and melt the gelatin content). Use blackcurrant jelly if you prefer.
Dipping strawberries in chocolate is easy but there is a good tip for this procedure. After dipping the strawberry, shake it slightly as you pull it out of the melted chocolate. This fills in any cracks and makes the chocolate even at the base of the strawberry. Swirl it quickly when it is out of the chocolate, to spin off any dripping chocolate. Turn your hand upside down, so the strawberry points at the ceiling. This seals the chocolate around it.
Let the chocolate covered strawberries sit at cool room temperature and use them the day you make them. If your kitchen is very hot, put them in the refrigerator. This is a really flavorful cheesecake with fruit topping and the flavors are amazing. The cottage cheese cuts down the fat and calories in the creamy layer and once you have blended it with the other ingredients, you cannot taste its distinctive flavor in the finished cheesecake.
- 13 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 package strawberry gelatin
- 1 package raspberry gelatin
- 8 oz cream cheese, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ⅔ cup boiling water
- 1 cup blueberry jelly
- ¾ pint fresh raspberries
- ½ pint fresh blueberries
- ¼ pint fresh blackberries
- 9 large strawberries with green caps still attached
- 3 oz dark chocolate chips
- 1 oz white chocolate
- Whipped cream, to garnish
- Combine the cookie crumbs with the melted butter and press this mixture over the base of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Refrigerate it until the crust is set.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water and stir in the cream cheese when the gelatin powder has dissolved.
- Process the mixture using a hand blender or in a food processor until it is smooth.
- Whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks. Add the cottage cheese to the gelatin mixture and blend it well.
- Fold in the whipping cream and spread this mixture over the crust.
- Refrigerate it overnight or for at least 5 hours, so the gelatin layer can set.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips in the microwave using a low power. Stir every minute until smooth and melted.
- Dip the strawberries in the chocolate and leave them to cool on a sheet pan covered in wax paper. When the chocolate has set, melt the white chocolate and pipe zigzags over the dark chocolate coated strawberries.
- Melt the strawberry jelly in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Toss the berries with the warm jelly in a bowl, and then arrange the berries on top of the cheesecake.
- Arrange the chocolate covered strawberries around the outside, then decorate the outer edge of the cheesecake with cream and serve.
As far as cheesecake lemon rind recipes go, this is certainly an easy lemon cheesecake recipe. You can halve the amount and use a smaller pan if you like, or use a round pan if you have one. Learning how to make a lemon cheesecake is very simple and this no bake cheesecake recipe is simple to follow. The chocolate shavings are easy to make and they make quite an elegant looking topping. The flavors are kept simple in this lemon cheesecake recipe. The simple combination of lemon and chocolate is all you need for a delicious cheesecake.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32440 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9805 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)