Chocolate Carmel Cheesecake Recipe
If you like sweet and sticky desserts, this chocolate carmel cheesecake recipe is ideal. The chocolate crust is topped with an orange and lemon flavored creamy layer, and then the topping is caramel and chocolate with a few pecans for crunch. This is an amazing looking cheesecake, although in truth the chocolate and caramel crisscross pattern is such an easy effect to create.
This is quite a simple cheesecake recipe and you do not need to bake it. The lemon and orange gelatin adds a subtle fruity flavor to the chocolate carmel cheesecake and helps to keep it firm. The Cool Whip and cream cheese are great together and all the flavors go together well.
If you want something really tasty, crunchy, and delicious at the end of dinner, try this chocolate carmel cheesecake recipe and you will not be disappointed. Feel free to change the gelatin flavors. The gelatin is mainly used to give consistency but the fruity flavor does go well with the chocolate and caramel and give a good contrast in taste. Orange and lemon are known to complement the flavor of chocolate and the pecans and caramel give a turtle cheesecake flavor to this delicious dessert recipe.
- 1 ¾ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 4 ½ cups boiling water
- 1 lb cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 packages lemon gelatin
- 1 package orange gelatin
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 large container Cool Whip
- 2 oz pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 12 squares milk chocolate
- ¼ pint caramel ice cream syrup
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water.
- Add the white sugar and stir until the gelatin and sugar have dissolved, then leave the gelatin mixture until it thickens.
- Combine the cocoa powder and melted butter with the graham cracker crumbs, then press this mixture over the base of a 13 x 9 inch spring form pan to make a crust and chill it.
- Beat the cream cheese, then add the gelatin and fold in the Cool Whip.
- Pour this mixture over the set crust.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours until set.
- Sprinkle the pecan pieces over the top of the cheesecake.
- Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave and pour chocolate stripes across the top of the cheesecake.
- Pour caramel stripes, using the caramel syrup, in the opposite direction so you get a crisscross pattern.
- Chill for 30 minutes then serve.
This chocolate carmel cheesecake recipe is simple to make and does not take long at all. It tastes every bit as good as it looks. If you love chocolate, caramel, and pecans, you will love turtle cheesecake. This chocolate carmel cheesecake is similar to a turtle chocolate cheesecake but it also features citrus flavored gelatin in the filling, to give a slightly fruity flavor, which goes really well with the other ingredients. You can see from the photo how good the crisscross design on top looks and this is so easy to do by pouring on melted chocolate stripes, then caramel syrup stripes in the opposite direction.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32429 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18608 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17599 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13817 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10585 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9787 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9472 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9024 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8515 Views)