Chocolate Mocha Cheesecake with Fresh Raspberries
This delicious chocolate mocha cheesecake is made with cheesecake flavored instant pudding instead of cream cheese, so you get the cheesecake flavor without having to use cream cheese in the recipe. Chocolate pudding, coffee and whipped cream add to the flavor and texture and a homemade chocolate glaze gives this cheesecake recipe a firm, crunchy topping. A lot of cheesecake recipes have soft toppings but the firm crunchiness of the chocolate is nice on this one. The crust is made with chocolate cookie crumbs for a wonderful richness.
Raspberries combine nicely with this chocolate mocha cheesecake, both in terms of color contrast and flavor contrast. Fruit and chocolate go really well together and this is not limited to chocolate-covered cherries or a black forest cheesecake recipe.
If you enjoy the flavors of coffee and chocolate together, this chocolate mocha cheesecake should tantalize your taste buds. It is not too strongly flavored with coffee but a hint of coffee is really good with the overall chocolate flavor. The fruitiness of the raspberries adds a contrasting flavor as well. This is a very easy cheesecake recipe with pudding and the whole family will enjoy this one.
- 1 ½ cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- ½ stick butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 package cheesecake flavor instant pudding
- 1 package chocolate flavor instant pudding
- 1 ½ cups cold milk
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules, dissolved in ½ cup hot milk
- 1 ½ cups whipped cream, plus extra to garnish
- 16 raspberries
- Chocolate syrup, to serve
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine the cookie crumbs with the sugar and melted butter and pat the mixture over the bottom of a dish.
- Chill it until it sets.
- Whisk together the cold milk, coffee mixture and dry pudding mixes, then fold in the whipped cream.
- Spoon this mixture into the crust and chill for 3 hours or until set.
- Melt the chocolate, corn syrup and butter in a double boiler to make the glaze.
- If you do not have a double boiler, you can melt the chocolate in the microwave, and then stir in the corn syrup and butter.
- Pour the glaze over the cheesecake.
- Decorate each slice of cheesecake with some chocolate syrup, a dollop of whipped cream and a couple of raspberries.
This simple yet delicious chocolate mocha cheesecake blends the flavors of chocolate, coffee, and raspberries. This is a light, creamy cheesecake and it is no-bake, which means it is simple to make. The glazed chocolate topping sets to give a shiny, glossy top layer, which adds a nice crunch to the otherwise soft cheesecake. Enjoy this chocolate mocha cheesecake with a cup of coffee as a late afternoon pick-me-up or after dinner. This cheesecake is quite rich and filling so you might want to cut it into ten or twelve slices. On the other hand, if you are a chocoholic with a fondness for cheesecake, why not enjoy a great big slice!
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49943 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32451 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18615 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17621 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13829 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10610 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9815 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9483 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8542 Views)