Dulce de Leche Caramel Cheesecake
Caramel pecan cheesecake is one of the most mouthwatering and indulgent of our dessert recipes, especially since it is served with homemade caramel sauce. The following recipe for caramel cheesecake, or dulce de leche cheesecake as it would be known in Spanish, is simple to follow. The crust is a chocolate pecan mixture and the filling blends two kinds of pudding with milk, cream cheese and more.
The caramel pecan cheesecake is topped with chocolate, caramel sauce and a maraschino cherry, making it a great looking dessert and that is guaranteed to make your mouth water. There is nothing difficult about this caramel cheesecake recipe and like with many other dessert recipes it is no-bake, so you just have to combine ingredients to make it.
The caramel flavor in this caramel pecan cheesecake comes from the sauce but the butterscotch and vanilla flavored filling complements it well. If you love sweet and sticky recipes caramel cheesecake is a great one to make. It is quite a rich pudding cheesecake recipe, so you should be able to get eight servings from it. If you are especially hungry though, cut the cheesecake into six instead, or even four!
- 7 oz chocolate wafers
- ¼ cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 package butterscotch instant pudding (4 serving size)
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding (4 serving size)
- 1 ½ cups milk plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 2 ½ cups whipped cream
- 8 maraschino cherries, for garnish
- ¾ cup melted choc chips
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¾ cup lukewarm heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon rum (optional)
- Crush the wafers and stir in the melted butter and pecans.
- Press this mixture over the base of a 9 inch spring form pan and refrigerate it.
- Whisk 1 tablespoon of the milk into the cream cheese, using a wire whisk.
- Stir in 1 ½ cups of the whipped cream.
- Whisk the rest of the milk with the vanilla pudding and butterscotch pudding.
- Fold in 1 cup of whipped cream, and then combine the cream cheese mixture with the pudding mixture.
- Spoon this into the spring form pan, over the chocolate pecan crust.
- Chill it in the refrigerator for 4 hours or until set.
- Pour the melted chocolate chips over the top and use a knife to make swirl patterns.
- Refrigerate again until the chocolate topping sets.
- To make the caramel sauce, put the water and sugar in a saucepan and cook over a medium high heat, stirring, until the sugar syrup goes golden brown around the edge.
- If you have a candy thermometer, let the mixture reach 350 degrees F.
- Take it off the heat and stir it with a whisk or wooden spoon so the sugar does not burn.
- Pour in ¼ cup of the heavy cream and the butter and keep stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the remaining heavy cream and the rum and keep stirring until the sauce is smooth.
- Let it cool, covered in plastic wrap, for an hour, then cut the caramel pecan cheesecake into 8 slices and garnish each one with a maraschino cherry.
- The cool sauce will be very thick, so give it 30 seconds in the microwave if it is too thick to pour, and then serve some over each slice of the cheesecake.
If you love delicious cheesecake recipes, caramel cheesecake might already be a favorite. This recipe for caramel pecan cheesecake blends the flavors of vanilla, butterscotch, chocolate, caramel and more for a really sumptuous and wonderful dessert. Pudding makes a great filling because it sets quite firmly when you chill it, especially with the addition of cream cheese. The maraschino cherry adds color and the warm caramel sauce poured over the top finishes off this dulce de leche caramel cheesecake recipe perfectly. This caramel cheesecake is simple to make and tastes truly amazing.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32444 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17620 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10605 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9807 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9035 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8536 Views)