Easy No Bake Cherry Cheesecake
This delicious cherry cheesecake recipe blends the flavor of a lemon and vanilla cheesecake with homemade cherry compote. The cherry sauce is thickened with cornstarch and flavored with kirsch cherry liqueur and almond essence. You have to heat the compote for one minute on the stove but you do not need to cook this no bake cherry cheesecake, so it is a great recipe for hot summer days when you really do not want to turn the oven on.
The cream cheese keeps the creamy layer light and fluffy and you could even use Philadelphia Light or another low fat cream cheese to make this cherry cheesecake recipe, without any different in the end flavor. The lemon gelatin adds a tangy citrus taste and gives the creamy layer a very good consistency. You can use a readymade graham cracker crust for this easy cherry cheesecake, just to save time.
This no bake cherry cheesecake recipe is great for warm summer evenings and it keeps in the refrigerator for a day or two after making it. It is best to make the cherry compote just before serving though and it is nice if you serve the cheesecake ice cold and the cherry compote slightly warm, just for a good contrast.
- 1 readymade 9 inch graham cracker crust
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- 3 oz package lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 ½ lbs pitted sweet cherries
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon kirsch cherry liqueur
- Pour the evaporated milk into a big metal bowl and freeze it until there are ice crystals around the edges.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water and let it cool.
- Add the gelatin and half the sugar to the cream cheese and beat well.
- Take the evaporated milk out of the freezer and whip it with the vanilla and the remaining sugar.
- Pour it into the gelatin and cream cheese mixture.
- Pour it into the crust and leave it in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- To make the compote, put all the compote ingredients except the almond extract in a pan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cook the compote for 1 minute, stirring it all the time, then take it off the heat and stir in the almond extract. Let it cool a bit, and then serve it with the cheesecake.
This cherry cheesecake recipe is simple to make and tastes beautiful. The cheesecake itself is subtly flavored with lemon gelatin and vanilla and the cherry compote is rich and flavorful, with kirsch and almond essence added for extra boldness and taste. Recipes like this no bake cherry cheesecake are great in the summer when the weather is hot and standing over a hot oven or stove is the last thing you feel like doing. You can either spread the compote over the top of the cheesecake, to make a topping or simply serve a ladleful of it over the cheesecake, like this photo shows.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49942 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32451 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18615 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17621 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13829 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10609 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9815 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9481 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8540 Views)