Gelatin No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
This tasty grape gelatin-topped cheesecake features a cornflake crust, a creamy lemon-flavored filling and a gelatin topping. This is one of our most easy gelatin recipes and if you are new to making gelatin recipes, give this one a try. You can use any flavor of gelatin for the topping but grape gelatin has a nice rich flavor and color.
The flavors of lemon and grape contrast nicely and the jello in this no bake cheesecake recipe gives the filling a good flavor and the topping a good texture. When you whip the evaporated milk, it is important that it is very cold. Also, use a chilled bowl and chilled beaters if possible, as though you were making meringue. This will get the evaporated milk to stand up in peaks, which is when you should add the vanilla and white sugar.
The cornflake crust is unusual and the crunchy texture goes well with the creamy filling and the fruity topping. This is a simple recipe for cheesecake that might not be a traditional cheesecake recipe but does appeal to all ages. You can try a different breakfast cereal for making the crust if you like. Rice Krispies, Golden Grahams and Cinnamon Toast Crunch all work really well.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups cornflake crumbs
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 12 oz cold evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 oz package lemon gelatin
- 3 oz package grape gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 strips lemon rind, to garnish
- 8 sprigs of fresh mint, to garnish
- Combine the melted butter with the brown sugar and the cornflake crumbs and press this mixture over the base of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Beat the evaporated milk with an electric beater for 3 minutes or until it stiffens a bit, then add the vanilla and white sugar.
- Beat the cream cheese in another bowl, and then add it to the evaporated milk mixture.
- Stir in the lemon gelatin powder. Spoon this mixture over the top of the cornflake crust.
- Combine the boiling water with the grape gelatin powder, and then stir in the cold water.
- Leave the gelatin to thicken, and then pour it over the top of the cheesecake. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until the grape gelatin layer is set.
- Serve with the lemon rind and fresh mint.
This tasty no bake cheesecake recipe is suitable for absolute cooking beginners to make. The crust ingredients, filling ingredients and topping ingredients simply need to be combined and then you need to chill the gelatin cheesecake until it is set. This is definitely one of the most easy gelatin recipes of all. The lemon in the cheesecake filling gives it a tangy citrus flavor and the grape gelatin topping goes well with the lemon flavor. The fresh mint sprigs adds a color contrast and makes a good garnish, along with some colorful lemon rind.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32440 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9804 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)