How to Make a Lemon Cheesecake
This is an easy lemon cheesecake recipe, using lemon gelatin to flavor and color the creamy filling, as well as giving it a nice consistency. Lemon and chocolate are two flavors which go together nicely and there are lots of dessert recipes combining these flavors. If you are looking for cheesecake lemon rind recipes, this is a delicious and tangy one to make.
This lemon cheesecake has a shaved chocolate topping. The easiest way to shave chocolate is to use a very cold block of chocolate, hold it with a paper towel so it does not melt and pass a vegetable peeler over the narrow end. If the chocolate is cold, you will get thin shavings like wood shavings. If it is warm, you will get thick, messy chunks! Use a good quality block of chocolate.
If you do not have a vegetable peeler, you can use a melon ball scoop to make the chocolate shavings for this easy lemon cheesecake recipes. Scrape the melon ball scoop across the chocolate and you will get curved chocolate shavings. It is easier to put the chocolate block on a parchment paper covered pan and hold it using a paper towel. If you have leftover chocolate shavings, keep them in a covered container in the refrigerator. They will keep for weeks (unless you get hungry, of course!)
- 4 ½ cups boiling water
- 3 packages lemon gelatin
- 1 ½ cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- Rind from ½ lemon
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 big package Cool Whip
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bar dark chocolate, very cold
- Dissolve the lemon gelatin in the water and stir in the sugar.
- Leave it until it goes thick.
- Combine the chocolate cookie crumbs with the nuts and the melted butter, and then use this mixture to cover the bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Refrigerate it until it sets.
- Beat the cream cheese and add it to the partially set gelatin.
- Fold in the Cool Whip and lemon rind, and then spread this mixture over the crumb base.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for 4 hours or overnight.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave chocolate curls off the chocolate bar and decorate the top of the cheesecake with them.
As far as cheesecake lemon rind recipes go, this is certainly an easy lemon cheesecake recipe. You can halve the amount and use a smaller pan if you like, or use a round pan if you have one. Learning how to make a lemon cheesecake is very simple and this no bake cheesecake recipe is simple to follow. The chocolate shavings are easy to make and they make quite an elegant looking topping. The flavors are kept simple in this lemon cheesecake recipe. The simple combination of lemon and chocolate is all you need for a delicious cheesecake.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49943 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32451 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18615 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17621 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13829 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10610 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9815 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9483 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8543 Views)