Lime and Cherry Cheesecake Recipe with a Pecan Crust
The crust for this delicious cherry cheesecake recipe is made with vanilla cookies and pecans for an unusual and delicious nutty flavor. The creamy layer is made with cherry gelatin, condensed milk, and cream cheese, with lime juice and vanilla for a sweet and tangy taste. The topping is cherry pie filling.
The cherry gelatin used in the creamy layer of this cherry cheesecake recipe gives it a fruity flavor and a subtle pink color. If you prefer, you can use lemon juice and lemon rind instead of the lime. It depends which is available, which you happen to have already, and which you happen to fancy using to make this cherry cheesecake recipe.
Using sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese, instead of just cream cheese, makes the filling of this cherry cheesecake less firm than with some other cherry cheesecake recipes. This delicious cherry cheesecake recipes is one of the best dessert recipes to make if you like really sweet cheesecakes. You will notice this is one of the few cheesecake recipes not to feature sugar and that is because the other ingredients are already very sweet and additional sugar is simply not necessary.
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 ½ cup crushed vanilla cookies
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 package cherry gelatin
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup boiling water
- ½ cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Combine the melted butter, cookies, and pecans and press the mixture on to the sides and base of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Chill in the refrigerator to set.
- Combine the cherry gelatin with the boiling water and stir until the gelatin dissolves. Add the lime rind and lime juice and mix well.
- Beat the vanilla with the condensed milk, and then add the cream cheese.
- Pour this mixture into the gelatin mixture and blend well.
- Pour the filling into the crust and chill until firm.
- Top with the cherry pie filling and serve.
When you cut into this delicious no bake cherry cheesecake, the cherry juice will drip down the sides and the whole thing will be gooey and messy. That is half the fun of eating it! Serve this cherry cheesecake recipe with a spoon or fork. This delicious cheesecake with cherries recipe is great served ice cold. Alternatively, you can let it warm up slightly so the chocolate starts to get soft. This is a beautiful looking cheesecake and it would not be out of place served at a dinner party.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32439 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8530 Views)