No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake
This fluffy, light cheesecake is not baked, which means it is quick and simple to put together. The crust is made with graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar, and the creamy layer is made with cream cheese, sugar, cream and vanilla. Finally the top layer goes on and you can just use cherry pie filling for that. Of course this is a dessert you can make ahead because it keeps in the refrigerator for several hours, so perhaps you want to make this for a dinner party or a get-together when you just want to bring out the dessert when you are ready and not be tied up in the kitchen away from your guests.
This cheesecake combines a crunchy crust with a creamy layer and a fruity layer on top, so you have a bit of everything, and it has a wonderful homemade flavor. If the weather is hot and you do not want the oven on, making a no-bake cheesecake is the perfect solution because there is no cooking involved at all.
Instead you will need to chill the cheesecake in the refrigerator, first to set the crust, then to set the creamy layer. Once you have added the cherry pie filling you can serve it immediately or chill until required. If you plan to serve it immediately then store the can of cherry pie filling in the refrigerator so it will be cold. This is a great dessert to serve after any kind of main dish and you can make the slices as small or as generous as you wish.
- 1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup softened butter
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped heavy cream
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 12½ oz can cherry pie filling
- Combine the crust ingredients.
- Press the mixture on to the bottom and up the sides of a pie plate.
- Beat the sugar, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth.
- Whisk in the whipped cream.
- Pour this mixture into the crust, then smooth the top with a spatula.
- Chill for 3 hours or until firm.
- Spread the cherry pie filling on top.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
This photo shows you how tempting and appetizing the cheesecake is. With its crunchy base, tangy middle layer and rich cherry topping, this is sure to go down well after the main dish. Alternatively you could spoil yourself with a slice of this in the late afternoon when you have some coffee. Cheesecake is great served at any time. If you like cherries you are going to love the flavor of this no-bake cheesecake. The cream layer contrasts wonderfully with the cherry layer for a perfectly harmonious and well-balanced dessert.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32439 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17611 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10601 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8530 Views)