No Bake Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake
This is such an easy orange cheesecake recipe and it does not require any baking. This orange creamsicle cheesecake is a great recipe to make if you are new to dessert making because the preparation is simple. It needs a few hours of chilling time, to set the crust and then the filling and finally the gelatin topping, so start making this orange cheesecake recipe in the morning if you want to eat it after dinner. Alternatively, you could make it the night before you need it.
This fluffy gelatin dessert is made in three parts. First, you combine two kinds of crumbs, butter, and sugar to make a crunchy crust. Next cream, vanilla, cream cheese and more are combined to make a delicious filling and finally orange gelatin is used as the topping. You could also decorate the cheesecake with canned mandarin segments if you like. If you want to do that, arrange them on top before pouring the gelatin over.
Orange vanilla cheesecake recipes are really good after any kind of entree or you could serve a slice with a cup of coffee as a late afternoon treat. Kids will love this recipe as much as the adults do because of the sweetness and creaminess. Feel free to use another flavor of gelatin if you like. Any gelatin would work nicely on this dessert so just use whatever you happen to have in the pantry.
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- ⅓ cup plus 3 tablespoons white sugar
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup boiling water
- ¾ cup whipped cream, plus more for serving
- 12 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 package orange gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh strawberries and mint leaves, to serve
- Combine the wafer crumbs, cracker crumbs, butter, and 3 tablespoons of the sugar.
- Press this mixture over the base of a 6 inch springform pan.
- Beat the cream cheese, vanilla, and remaining sugar together, and then fold in the whipped cream.
- Spread this mixture over the crust and chill for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Dissolve the orange gelatin in the water and let it thicken for an hour.
- Pour this over the top of the chilled, set cheesecake.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until the gelatin layer is set.
- Garnish each serving with fresh strawberries, mint leaves, and whipped cream.
As the picture shows, this brightly colored cheesecake looks like a slice of sunshine. The unmistakable texture of the gelatin on top contrasts beautifully with both the creamy vanilla filling and the crisp crumb crust. You do not have to serve this orange cheesecake with whipped cream, strawberries, and fresh mint like in the photo. Use any garnish you like, such as chocolate ice cream syrup or fresh raspberries, or forget the decorating altogether if you just want the focus to be on the creamy, sumptuous cheesecake itself. This is such a simple gelatin recipe and you do not have to bake anything. You do have to chill it for a few hours though so start it in plenty of time.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32438 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17610 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10600 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9478 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9029 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8529 Views)