No-Crust Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe
This is an unusual blueberry cheesecake recipe because the cheesecake is not served in a crust. Instead, the cheesecake layer, which is made with vanilla instant pudding, cream cheese, and cream, is served in scoops like a mousse would be. The homemade blueberry sauce is drizzled over the top and the dessert is finished off with a sugar cage.
Sugar cages look really impressive and you can either serve them over a dessert or on the side. If you only have one small Kitchen-Aid style bowl, you can make one cage at a time. The liquid sugar stays soft enough to drizzle into the bowl for about ten minutes. If it gets too thick before you finish, you can microwave it for about four minutes. Make sure the sugar cage is completely set before you remove it from the bowl else it might collapse. You can store unused sugar cages in an airtight container for a couple of days in a cool place. Wash everything in very hot water after making the sugar cages. You might want to boil everything in a big stockpot on the stove until the sugar dissolves. It can be quite messy otherwise!
This delicious blueberry cheesecake makes a great looking and an amazing tasting dessert. If you like dessert recipes with pudding, you should really enjoy the lemon, vanilla, blueberry, and creamy flavors in this delicious cheesecake recipe.
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- ½ cup cold milk
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz thawed whipped topping
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup water
- ⅔ cup light corn syrup
- Cooking spray
- First, make the cheesecake layer.
- Mix the water and cornstarch until smooth, then bring the mixture to a boil and cook it, stirring, for about 4 minutes or until it is thick.
- Take it off the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Let the mixture completely cool, and then fold in the whipped topping.
- Beat the cream cheese in another bowl until it is smooth, and then add the sour cream.
- Whisk the pudding mix and milk for a couple of minutes and let it stand for a couple of minutes.
- Stir the pudding into the cream cheese mixture and combine well.
- Spoon the cheesecake into a bowl and leave it in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set. Next, make the sugar cages.
- Put the corn syrup, sugar, and water in a heavy-bottomed pan over a medium high heat.
- Cook the sugar until it gets to 310 degrees F, using a candy thermometer to read the temperature.
- Take the pan off the heat and pour the syrup into a glass bowl to stop it cooking.
- Spray 4 very clean bowls with cooking spray.
- Dip a fork into the sugar mixture and drizzle it over the inside of the bowls, letting the sugar drip off in thin strands.
- Try to get the strands evenly over the bowls.
- Set the bowls aside.
- To make the blueberry sauce, wash and crush the berries, then add the lemon juice, salt, and sugar and mix well.
- Bring this mixture to a boil in a small pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the vanilla and leave it to cool for 15 minutes.
- Put a spoonful of blueberry sauce on each of 4 dessert plates.
- Top it with a couple of scoops of the cheesecake mixture, then spoon the rest of the blueberry sauce over the top.
- Pull the set sugar cages out of the bowls and decorate each dessert with one.
If you want to serve a really impressive dessert without having to make something too complicated, this is one of the best blueberry cheesecake recipes to choose. This is a gourmet lemon blueberry cheesecake. It does not have a crust but is instead served with an elaborate-looking sugar cage, which is quite easy to make. The sharp flavors of lemon and blueberry combine wonderfully with the sweetness of the sugar and the creaminess of the cheesecake. This dessert is guaranteed to taste every bit as good as it looks and the sugar cages will definitely be a talking point.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (50831 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32492 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18634 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17665 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13856 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10677 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9875 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9524 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9062 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8620 Views)