Chocolate Stuffed Mini Shortbread Cookies
If you enjoy shortbread cookies and chocolate mousse, what could be better than making a chocolate mousse filled shortbread cookies recipe? You can halve this recipe if you want to but remember the cookies are very small so people can easily eat several at once. They will keep for a couple of days in the refrigerator. The cookies are filled with a creamy chocolate mixture and then baked.
After that they are topped with mousse and you can either spoon the mousse in or pipe it using a piping bag. They will look fine if you spoon the mousse in but more elaborate if you pipe it. It can take a while to get used to piping though so you might have to eat your mistakes, which should not be a problem in this case because the little treats taste so good!
These dainty morsels are perfect for kids and adults alike. You can serve them at a party or even give them to trick-or-treaters at Halloween. A chocolate mousse in shortbread cookies recipe might not be the first thing to come to mind when you are planning sweet treats for a party or special occasion but why not? These taste wonderful and you are sure to love them.
- 3 softened sticks butter
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 72 mini muffin cups quite heavily.
- Beat the sugar and butter until the mixture is creamy.
- Beat in the flour until it is evenly crumbly and moist.
- Roll a teaspoon of this dough into a ball and press it on to the bottom of a mini muffin cup and halfway up the sides.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Beat the eggs with a wire whisk and stir in the sweetened condensed milk and the vanilla extract.
- Spoon this mixture into the muffin cups, filling them about halfway up.
- Bake for 16 minutes or until the centers are puffy and the edges are starting to turn golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on a wire rack.
- The centers will flatten slowly.
- Whisk the milk and cream with the pudding mix and spoon or pipe this mixture into the cookie cups.
- Let them cook completely on a wire rack and release them from the cups using a knife tip.
These crumbly shortbread cookies are truly delicious with the chocolate mousse filling. Whether you serve these to your family after dinner or present them to guests at a dinner party, they will be greatly appreciated. The cookies are light and crumbly and the filling is every chocoholic’s dream. You can see from the picture that the chocolate mousse looks great piped into the shortbread cookies recipe but you can spoon it in if you’re not comfortable with a piping bag, or if you’re in a rush, because they will taste just as fantastic.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32441 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13827 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10603 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9806 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8534 Views)