Jumbo Dark Chocolate Cookies Recipe
Are you looking for a great dessert recipe that wonderful for the annual bake sale at your child’s school, or for a get together with your friends and family? Try my awesome Jumbo Dark Chocolate Cookies Recipe today! Check out my easy to follow recipe video that I have posted below for step-by-step instructions and helpful hints on how to make the best Jumbo Dark Chocolate Cookies today!
Jumbo Dark Chocolate Cookie Recipe
This Jumbo Dark Chocolate cookie recipe is perfect for a mid day coffee break at work. They are even great to take to church socials. They are so easy to make and super delicious when warm, right out of the oven.
Kids love cookies and they love to help make them. So if the kids are complaining of being bored this spring break this is a wonderful family activity.
Let the kids help mix and drop on cookie sheets. After the cookies are done they’ll have the sweet reward of enjoying what they baked. It’s a great opportunity for family togetherness and will create many fond memories. The kids will love cleaning out the mixing bowl too. There will be happy chocolate rimmed little mouths and much laughter making these Jumbo Dark Chocolate cookies.
Make a second batch and freeze to enjoy later. You can either bake or freeze or shape and flash freeze the individual cookies on a cookie sheet. After they are frozen hard simply remove and place in a container, separating each cookie with a sheet of wax paper. These can be baked fresh at a later date to enjoy.
Which Type of Cookie do You Like Best?
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup pistachios coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1⅔ cups dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and lightly grease 2 baking sheets (or cover them with parchment paper).
- Melt ⅔ cup of the dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave on 70% power for 30 seconds, then stir.
- Microwave for 10 second intervals, stirring, until they are just melted.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda, nuts and salt into a bowl.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar and white sugar in a mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, mixing for a minute or until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture, mixing until just blended.
- Stir in the remaining 1 cup of chocolate and drop ¼ cup amounts of the dough on to the baking sheets to get 3 inch cookies.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs and the tops have a cracked appearance.
- Cool the cookies on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- You can frost them with a chocolate topping if you like or simply serve them as they are.
Photo Credit: Dark Chocolate Cookies With Pistachios And Milk Chocolate Chunks by jamieanne, on Flickr
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32440 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9804 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)