Soft Gingerbread Cookie Recipe
What Makes Soft Gingerbread Cookies So Wonderfully Simple
Soft gingerbread cookies are the best of the cookies that you can make, and there is nothing better than biting into a freshly baked soft gingerbread cookie served with a glass of milk. Few snacks will be as warming as soft gingerbread cookies, and you will find that your kids will ask for these delicious baked cookies every year during the winter holidays.
The thing that makes these cookies so simple is the fact that the ingredients are so easy to whip together. These cookies can be made in a matter of half an hour or so, and you will find that heating the oven is what takes the longest in the cookie preparation. You can actually make healthy soft gingerbread cookies by using brown flour and brown sugar, and the molasses in the cookies only further serves to make these cookies some of the healthiest cookies you can find.
Making these cookies is a great activity that you can do with your kids, and you will find that they have more fun than you do as they use their favorite cookie cutter to make fun shapes in the dough. Thanks to the fact that the ingredients are so easy to find and so simple to mix together, you can often use these cookies as the perfect activity to keep your kids occupied on a rainy day. Not only are they tasty, but they are also incredibly simple and quick to make for the perfect snack.
Making Soft Gingerbread Cookies Is Fairly Easy, And The Following Recipe Uses…
Nothing Like a Gingerbread Cookie
When preparing cookies for a healthy snack, you will find that the simplicity of gingerbread cookies makes the perfect evening or morning delight. When served with a cold glass of milk, warm gingerbread cookies warm you all the way to the tips of your toes. Nothing says winter holidays like a freshly baked gingerbread cookie, and you will find that these healthy cookies are the best option to give your kids a tasty treat.
Making soft gingerbread cookies is fairly easy, and the following recipe uses the delicious taste of ginger to provide the base of the flavor. Adding a bit of nutmeg, lemon zest, and cinnamon will complement the tang of the ginger, and the rich earthiness of the molasses helps to complete the rounded taste of the gingerbread cookies.
The best thing about these cookies is that you can have lots of fun with them. The tradition of making gingerbread cookies is to use a cookie cutter to make fun shapes, and you can decorate them with your kids for a fun activity. Eating these gingerbread cookies is the perfect snack for an evening sitting in front of a winter fire, and you will find that gingerbread cookies will be an instant hit with your kids.
- 2 ½ cups of flour
- 2 tsp of ginger ground
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp of cloves ground
- 1 cup of butter or margarine
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of drinking water
- ½ cup of molasses
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- To make the perfect gingerbread cookies, begin by melting the margarine in a pan. Mix the sugar and water in with the butter, and beat the egg into the mix as well. Add the molasses to the mixture.
- Sift the flour in with the ginger, cloves, cinnamon, a pinch of salt, and baking soda.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ones, and stir well until you have a sticky dough.
- Use your hands to shape the dough into a number of individual cookies, or roll the dough out to use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes.
- Use an ungreased cookie sheet on an oven tray, and place the cookies on the tray. Sprinkle a pinch of sugar over each cookie, and place them in the oven.
- Let the cookies sit in the oven for no more than 10 minutes, and place them on a baking rack to cool once you have taken the from the oven.
- Serve the cookies once they have cooled, and set out a glass of cold milk along with the cookies.
These delicious cookies can be whipped up in a matter of minutes, and you will find that they are some of the tastiest cookies that you can make. You can also substitute the white flour for brown flour to make the cookies healthier, and these healthy cookies make the perfect snack or dessert for your kids to take to school.
How to Make Soft Gingerbread Cookies Like a Pro Chef
Making the best soft gingerbread cookies is actually incredibly simple, and you may find that your cookies come out perfect on your first try thanks to the simplicity of the recipe. Making these cookies like a pro is simple, as long as you follow a few simple tips:
Make sure that the dough is properly chilled before rolling it out.
You may find that using wax paper to roll out the dough makes it much easier.
Make sure that all of the cookies are rolled to the same thickness, as it will ensure that they are all thoroughly cooked at the same time.
Make sure that the cookie sheets you use to cool down your cookies are cold, as hot cookie sheets may cause your cookies to lose their shape.
Make sure to dip your cookie cutter in flour before you cut out a new shape, as that will keep the metal or plastic from sticking to the dough.
If you want the best cookies, make sure to only cook a single sheet in the oven at a time. This will ensure that the cookies are baked properly.
Making soft gingerbread cookies like a pro is actually incredibly easy, and you will find that the above tips can help you to make the soft gingerbread cookies for your kids as quickly and easily as possible.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32444 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17619 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10605 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9807 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9033 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8536 Views)