Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla
This amazing slow cooked blueberry cake is nice served chilled or warm. You can either have it as it is or frost it. What about serving this blueberry cake with some whipped cream or buttering the slices? Deciding how to serve this tasty cake is the only difficult thing about it. The rest of the recipe is so easy.
You can either use fresh blueberries or frozen ones in this recipe. If you want to use frozen ones, thaw them on paper towels before you begin to make the cake. The reason why the blueberries are coated in flour before you fold them into the cake batter is to stop them from sinking to the bottom during cooking.
Another tip is when you line the crockpot with parchment paper, you might want to tear a square which is about the right size and push it into the slow cooker. Mark around the edge with a pen and then cut out the outline. Alternatively you can put the paper under the crockpot and draw around it, then cut it one inch smaller than the outline you drew.
- 3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- Nonstick cooking spray or melted butter, for greasing
- Use a round of parchment paper to line the bottom of the crockpot and spray the paper with nonstick cooking spray or brush it with melted butter.
- Cream the sugar and butter using an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs and beat for ten seconds.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla and beat for half a minute or until it is all well mixed together.
- Sift the baking soda, salt and 1 cup of the flour into the mixture and beat it for half a minute or a minute, until it is light and fluffy.
- Do not over-mix it.
- Coat the blueberries in the remaining 2 tablespoons of flour and fold them into the mixture.
- Spread the batter over the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cook the cake on high.
- Check it after an hour and a half and then every half an hour to see if it is beginning to brown.
- When it is, insert a skewer into the center of the cake.
- If it comes out clean, the cake might be done.
- This will take anywhere between one and a half hours to two and a half hours.
- Turn the slow cooker off and take the lid off.
- Let the cake sit in there for half an hour to firm up.
- Run a knife around the outside and lift it out using a big spatula.
This delicious blueberry cake is really tasty. The vanilla and blueberry flavors go together so well and this cake is beautiful served with a cup of coffee in the late morning or afternoon, as a pick-me-up. It is also a nice dessert after dinner, served with some whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on the side. If you have a crockpot, why not use it to make crockpot cake recipes? They come out just as well as oven-baked cakes and some people prefer to make them in the crockpot because it is simpler. You just have to mix the ingredients together and pour the resulting batter into your slow cooker, and then it cooks slowly and comes out looking as mouthwatering as the cake in the photo.
Leave a Reply
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Home (32090 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (29411 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (15154 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (11846 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (8134 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (7378 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (7096 Views)
- Fresh Strawberry Trifle Recipe with Red Wine (6740 Views)
- Slow Cooked Lemon Poppy Seed Cake Recipe (6514 Views)
- Sweet Lemon Cupcake Recipe (6449 Views)