Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake
There are so many different types of cupcakes that it is really hard for a mom or dad to make everyone’s favorite flavor at the same time. One way that you can make everyone happy is to bake and save a few cupcakes each time and freeze them before frosting. Use freezer-strength plastic bags and leave the cupcakes in their liners. Wait until they have completely cooled before putting them in the airtight bags and do not crowd them.
On a special day make this recipe and while the cupcakes are baking, take out a couple of the other flavors to defrost. Then add the frosting to all the cupcakes at the same time. The biggest feature for the gourmet Lovely Lemon Frosting and Chocolaty Cupcake is the almond cookie that allows you to create such an incredible frosting swirl and the combination of flavors between the chocolate and lemon. The fluffiness of the frosting provides a tasty combination with any flavor cupcake and there are many cake recipes available to use.
The elegance of this cupcake is particularly welcome because the cookie with frosting can be lifted off the top of the cupcake by those who desire less sugar with their dessert. That gives everyone the opportunity to have a taste of the luscious lemon frosting without producing an unwelcomed sugar rush. Because it is styled to be dessert, provide silverware and beautiful napkins and serve on lovely dishes that proclaim the regal cupcake as the best.
- Note: Egg whites should be at room temperature before you start the icing.
- 2 ⅓ cups cake flour
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 30 or more almond cookies
- Lemon slices for plate garnish
- ⅓ cup soft butter or margarine
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Pinch of salt
- Yellow food coloring
- Yellow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two 12-cup cupcake pans with colorful liners. Because this recipe makes 30 cupcakes, you can either cook a final batch of 6 cupcakes or make one small cake with the balance of the cake mix.
- Get out a large mixing bowl and add the sugar and butter. Beat the mixture on medium speed for three minutes until it is fluffy and light. Put in the eggs and beat another minute. Scrape the mixture from the sides of the bowl down so it is mixed back in. Add the vinegar, vanilla extract, food coloring, and buttermilk and beat on low for one minute to combine.
- Get out another medium mixing bowl and sift the baking powder, salt, cake flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda into it. Gradually add the mixture to the sugar mixture, beating on low and stirring the mix together until all the ingredients have combined. Beat on medium speed for two minutes.
- Fill the cupcake liners ¾ of the way and bake for 18 to 22 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick. Insert it into the center and remove. It will be clean if the cupcakes have finished baking.
- Set the cupcakes on a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, put the salt, butter, and 1 cup of powdered sugar into a glass medium mixing bowl and beat on low to combine the ingredients for 1 minute. Increase the speed to medium and beat the ingredients until fluffy.
- Beating the frosting on low speed, add 2 drops of yellow food coloring and slowly add the lemon juice and the balance of the powdered sugar until the frosting is of a consistency to easily work with.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, put a dab of frosting on the top to hold the almond cookie. Level the cupcake if it raised too much to hold the cookie. Pipe the frosting on in a fat swirling shape. Scatter the yellow sprinkles. If you have created Royal icing decorations, top the cupcake now.
This gourmet homemade cupcake is a specialty that will have eyes opening wide. An almond cookie is placed on top of the deep chocolate fudge cupcake and the buttercream frosting is piped on top of the cookie in a fat swirl. A slice of lemon on the plate beside the cupcake acts as a garnish to the essence of the entire presentation. Yellow sprinkles decorate the top of the icing and you can be certain the family will recognize how elegant this dessert really is when they see the royal icing decoration at the top of the lemon frosted cupcake.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32438 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17610 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10597 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9478 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9029 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8526 Views)