Chocolate Cake Icing Recipes
Quick and Easy Chocolate Cake Icing Recipes
For some Easy Chocolate Cake Icing Recipes you only need to walk as far as your cupboard. With some simple ingredients you can make Easy Chocolate Cake Icing Recipes from scratch right at home. No need to go to the store when you can make Easy Chocolate Cake Icing Recipes all by yourself, no matter what your baking skill level.
Chocolate Cake Icing
Superbly divine chocolate cake icing is very easy to make with just a few ingredients from your pantry. Sweet, creamy and easy to spread it is perfect for your next chocolate cake.
This so easy chocolate cake icing recipe can be used to frost cupcakes too. It also makes a great chocolate cake icing for chocolate chip bundt cake. Just frost as desired. Some even like this on chocolate turnovers, apple turnovers and more.
Another idea is to use these on thrifty Mock Donuts as an after school snack. Simply heat a pan of oil, taking canned biscuits, drop each biscuit one at a time into the oil. Cook until fluffy and slightly golden and remove from oil. Drain on paper towels. Frost with chocolate cake icing. The kids love these!
Yet another wonderful idea is to take a bag of unsalted pretzel sticks or rings and dip into the chocolate cake icing. Then roll these chocolate cake icing covered pretzels into crushed candy pieces. It is best to buy the crushed candy pieces in the cookie decorating aisle of your grocery store.
The kids and adults love these.
You will love this chocolate cake icing in any way you opt to enjoy it.
Which do You Prefer for Icing – Homemade or Pre-made?
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup milk
- Beat the butter with the cocoa until combined.
- Add the milk and vanilla, and beat until smooth.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar until you have the desired consistency.
- Adjust the consistency with more milk or powdered sugar if you need to.
Photo Credit: Laura’s Birthday Cake – cut by twokingsconfections, on Flickr
- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tbsp margarine or butter
- 4 cups powered sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- The chocolate and margarine in a large microwavable bowl on high 1 minute or until margarine is melted.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Let stand, if necessary, until its at idea spreading consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Spread quickly.
- Add 2 to 3 tbsp additional milk if frosting becomes to thick.
Photo Credit: Chocolate Fudge Cake by Tracy Hunter, on Flickr
Best Electric Hand Mixer for Icing
Icing Recipes love this Mixer
Review Coming Soon
Best Stand Mixer for Icing
KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixers
Review Coming Soon
Videos of How the Pros Do It
“Cake Boss – Season 3 Episode 01”
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32440 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9804 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)