Three Cake Frosting Recipes from Scratch
A Homemade Vanilla Cake Frosting Recipe
This vanilla cake frosting recipe is easy to make from scratch. Store-bought mixes just do not taste the same, and once you know how to make frosting you can make all the best recipes and enjoy the superior flavor. The ingredients and steps are so simple, any newbie in the kitchen will be able to manage this recipe with ease. It is cheaper making your own, especially when you are making frosting in bulk to make a lot of cupcakes or layer cakes. If you are still not convinced, try this recipe for yourself and be the judge. We promise you are going to love it.
Vanilla Cake Frosting
Creamy, sweet vanilla cake frosting spread like a glorious white cloud on a fresh baked and cooled cake. The delicate flavor of vanilla blended into the creamy white peaks of this vanilla cake frosting.
The best part of this creamy decadent vanilla cake frosting is that the ingredients are no further than your pantry. This easy frosting can be used for cakes, turnovers, cinnamon and sugar breadsticks with vanilla frosting and so much more.
A very easy dessert idea that everyone loves is the Mock Apple Pizza. Simply take canned biscuits and pat down firmly onto a lightly oil sprayed cookie sheet. Biscuits need to be very flattened. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar onto flattened biscuits and bake until light golden.
Remove from oven. Then take 1 can prepared apple pie filling and spread on biscuit dough. Frost this Mock Apple Pizza by using the vanilla cake frosting. Take a spoon of the frosting and just frost in a line across the pizza in several directions. Kids and Adults love this easy dessert.
One thing is sure no matter how you choose to enjoy this vanilla cake frosting everyone will love the taste!
Which do You Prefer for Icing?
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup softened butter
- Combine the salt, butter and vanilla.
- Add the sugar, alternately with the milk, mixing until light and fluffy.
Photo Credit: Strawberry Elegance Cake by kyducks, on Flickr
- ¼ cup margarine melted
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup milk
- 3½ cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat margarine and cocoa together until combined.
- Add milk and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until desired consistency is achieved.
- Adjust with more milk or confectioners' sugar if necessary.
Photo Credit: FrostingMixed2 by YoAmes, on Flickr
Tips for Perfect Frosting
Frosting is supposed to finish your cupcakes or cake off perfectly, but ensure you get the amount right, making extra if you are worried about not having enough. Too little frosting on a cake is going to be disappointing while too much frosting can overwhelm the cake. You will need 3 or 4 cups of frosting for a 9 inch layer cake. Have the frosting at room temperature before you start spreading it, unless you are using whipped cream which should be chilled.
Beautiful Butter Icing
Buttercream icing is one of the simplest to make, so if you are new to making icing, choose a recipe combining butter, milk and powdered sugar, as well as a flavor like vanilla extract or cocoa powder. Beat the butter until it is light and fluffy, then work in the powdered sugar, and then the milk and flavorings.
Sometimes the frosting might get stiff as you are mixing it. If that happens just add more milk. Remember to scrape down the sides sometimes, so the mixture ends up evenly mixed. It is quicker to use an electric mixer but you can beat frosting by hand if you only have a wooden spoon. It will just take longer. The final step, which is optional, is stirring in a few drops of food coloring, to add a hint of a color, or even make a bright shade.
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
- 1 whole cube of butter
- 1 small box of powdered sugar
- 2 tps of vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon (more if desired)
- You will need to cream your butter.
- Add the vanilla and start adding the powdered sugar and whipping cream alternating each.
- Mix with electric mixer on low speed to desired consistency.
Photo Credit: Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting by AlexiUeltzen, on Flickr
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32441 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13827 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10603 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9806 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8534 Views)