Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes
School holiday parties are something every kid looks forward to and Easter cupcakes are a unique little take to school treat. Make them a set of cupcakes they will never forget topped with chocolate “twigs” and candy eggs for good measure. Do not be intimidated by the images, these are really not that difficult to put together.
Spring colors are the best choice for Easter cupcakes so think pink, blue, and pastels of all types. You can use this color palette for your cupcake liners, icing colors and candy colors. Making the cupcakes themselves is not overly complicated, your favorite box cake will work just fine, and the trick is in the decorating.
Some tools you may want to gather for decorating your Easter cupcakes include, decorating bag, craft knife, vegetable peeler, and waxed paper.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ⅜ cup of vegetable oil (half of ¾ cup)
- This small vanilla cake recipe is super easy and as you can see, does not require a lot of ingredients. In fact you can cut back even more by using self-rising flour and leaving out the baking powder altogether. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and lining your cupcake tin with cupcake wrappers.
- Mix flour and baking soda in a small mixing bowl, you can sift them for finer cake flour if you prefer.
- In a medium bowl, blend eggs, milk, vanilla, oil, and sugar. Beat on medium to high speeds until your sugar is dissolved and all ingredients are mixed well. Then add your dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into cupcake molds, about ¾ full and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- You can use pre-made icing or create your own with confectioners' sugar, touch of milk and vanilla extract. Mix your icing adding a tiny amount of milk at a time. It does not take a lot of liquids for a massive amount of powdered sugar. Mix until the icing is thick, will not fall off a spoon when scooped out with a spoon.
- Spread white icing over the top of cooled cupcakes and set aside while you make the birds egg nest.
- To make the egg "nest" you will need a nice sized chunk of block chocolate. Refrigerate the chocolate block overnight so you have a good firm substance to work with. You can cut the block into manageable pieces if you like with your craft knife or simply work with the whole piece.
- Use your vegetable peeler to "shave" the chocolate block. This will result in nice curls of chocolate that will resemble tiny twigs. These do not have to be perfect. Assemble twigs on top of white iced cupcakes and add a two or three tiny candy eggs.
You have just made an Easter cupcake recipe that is sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike! As you can see, what looks like gourmet cupcakes is really not that hard to create in your own kitchen. Who needs the local baker when they are this easy to create.
Nothing says Easter cupcake like pastel colors. Choose blue/white, pink/white and even yellow/ white wrappers for your cupcakes. Set your table with all the fun Easter decorations you can find, Easter grass, ceramic baskets, and colorful decorated eggs. This will be the perfect setting for your vanilla cupcake with Easter style chocolate and candy “birds nest.”
One Response to Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49944 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32452 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18621 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17626 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13832 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10612 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9816 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9483 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8546 Views)