Easy Chocolate Cake from Scratch
Are You Craving a Homemade Chocolate Cake?
If you are looking to make a quick and easy chocolate cake from scratch you’ve come to the right place. This is an easy chocolate cake from scratch recipe that is quick and simple. When you make chocolate cake from scratch you can definitely taste the difference. Making an easy chocolate cake from scratch is simple and fun to do with the kids. So put your apron on and lets go make an easy chocolate cake from scratch.
Chocolate Cake from Scratch
Who does not like chocolate cake? Everyone loves chocolate cake. Making chocolate cake from scratch is really quite simple. It takes just a few minutes and is by far better tasting than a store bought mix.
Children love helping to bake so go ahead and let them help make this chocolate cake from scratch. After mixing the cake they love to clean the bowl. That is half the fun of helping make the chocolate cake from scratch!
Most ingredients are right in your pantry so making this easy chocolate cake is not a hard task. This same recipe can be used to make cupcakes as well. One of the best recipes is to make this chocolate cake from scratch and use hazelnut cream or almond paste for the center filling. Then frost with easy chocolate frosting.
Absolutely delicious! Yet another great recipe loved by children is making this chocolate cake from scratch, slice bananas very thin and mix with cool whip cream. Take the banana, whip cream, and spread on the first layer cake. Place the second layer cake carefully on top. Frost with easy homemade vanilla or chocolate frosting!
Which do You Prefer for Cake?
- 4 oz unsweetend baking chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 1⅔ cups boiling water
- 2⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups white sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ stick butter
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F, and grease and flour a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Stir the chocolate with the butter and water until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the flour, eggs, sugar, sour cream, baking soda, salt and vanilla, and beat on a low speed until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack, then you can frost it as you like.
Photo Credit: Moist Chocolate Cake by Chocolate-Dessert-Recipes.com, on Flickr
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32440 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9806 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)