French Vanilla Chocolate Cake with Raspberries
If you fancy making a dark chocolate raspberry cake recipe, the following recipe is really nice. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as raspberry instant pudding so in this chocolate cake recipe, we are going to combine raspberries with vanilla instant pudding to make the filling for the cake. The cake itself is flavored with cocoa powder and vanilla and it is light, fluffy, and full of mouthwatering chocolate flavor.
The topping for this chocolate pudding cake is a chocolate ganache. This topping looks good on the cake, tastes good, and helps to keep the mousse fixed on the cake. This is a fairly simple recipe and there is nothing too tricky about it. If you are new to making recipes with instant pudding, this is a good recipe to start off with and your family or guests are sure to be very impressed with your efforts!
If you have regular vanilla instant pudding instead of the French vanilla variety, just use that because it is really similar. Another option is to try the coconut instant pudding in this chocolate cake recipe because it goes brilliantly with the chocolate.
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup boiling water
- ¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon white sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 package French vanilla flavor instant pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 container fresh raspberries
- For the Ganache Topping:
- 6 oz chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and put a rack in the center.
- Grease the base and sides of a 10 inch square baking pan and sprinkle flour over it.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, and salt into a bowl, then whisk in the sugar.
- Beat the oil with a mixer at a low speed for a few seconds until the mixture is crumbly.
- Whisk the eggs in another bowl, and then add the vanilla extract and milk.
- Whisk the egg mixture and flour mixture together, and then add the hot water gradually.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan once it is smooth.
- Bake the cake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan, then empty it on to a wire rack and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice the cake across the center horizontally, so you get 2 halves.
- Add the pudding mix, milk and a handful of the fresh raspberries to a blender (save a few for the garnish) and puree the mixture until it is creamy and well blended.
- Spread half of this mousse mixture over half of the cake and put the other cake half on top. Spread the remaining mousse on top of the cake and up the sides.
- Chill it for 2 hours.
- Make the ganache when the cake is well chilled.
- Bring the cream in the simmer in a pan, then take it off the heat and stir in the chocolate until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla and let the mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate ganache topping over the cake, then decorate it with raspberries.
- Chill for 2 hours.
This chocolate pudding cake combines the flavors of chocolate and raspberries for a gourmet dessert, which tastes amazing but is quite straightforward to make. This cake is elegant enough to be served at a dinner party or formal event and also nice enough to be used as a birthday cake or Valentine’s Day cake. If you cannot get raspberries, try using strawberries instead because chocolate goes nicely with pretty much any fruit but the colors will look good and the flavor will be great too.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32440 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9804 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)