One of the Best Dark Chocolate Cake Recipes
This tasty gelatin-topped gelatin cake recipe is easy to make. There are two flavors of gelatin used to make this cake and they are strawberry-kiwi and cherry. If you cannot find strawberry-kiwi gelatin, just use strawberry gelatin instead. The simplest way to make a cake is to use a cake mix. These are very easy to use. If you lightly tap the filled cake pans on the counter before baking the cakes, this will release any small air bubbles from the batter and make the cake smoother.
This flavorful dark chocolate cake recipe is made in several layers to add to its appeal and the fruitiness is so nice with the other flavors. Banana tends to be quite an overpowering flavor if you use too much of it, so just use half a banana to enhance the banana flavor of that layer. If you are really keen on bananas, of course, you can use a whole one to give more banana taste to this dark chocolate cake recipe.
This cake is like a cross between a cake and a pie, in that it is a combination of smooth textures and crispy ones. This dessert is sure to go down well with your family and they will love the strawberries, banana and dark chocolate taste all combined together in one fantastic dessert.
- 6 oz melted butter
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 4 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 3 cups cold milk
- ½ finely diced banana
- 1 package banana cream flavor instant pudding
- 1 package chocolate flavor instant pudding
- 2 oz melted dark chocolate chips
- 8 fresh strawberries
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped walnuts
- ½ cup white sugar
- Combine the sugar, nuts, all except 1 cup of the wafer crumbs and the butter and press half of this mixture over the bottom of a 9 inch pie dish.
- Beat the chocolate pudding mix with half the milk and half the Cool Whip for 2 minutes using a whisk.
- Spoon the chocolate pudding over the crust and chill it for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle the remaining wafer crumb mixture over the top and press it down with a spatula.
- Mix the banana cream flavor pudding with the diced banana, the remaining milk, and the Cool Whip and spoon this over the crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of vanilla wafer crumbs over the top of the dessert, then drizzle the melted chocolate chips over everything and decorate with the strawberries.
- Chill for an hour and serve in slices.
This attractive banana and dark chocolate cake is not difficult at all to make and the fact that you are using two instant pudding mixes just saves you lots of work because it is so easy to prepare these instant puddings. If you enjoy dark chocolate cake recipes, you will like this tasty pie-style cake, with its crumbly vanilla wafer layers, banana pudding layer, chocolate pudding layer, and dark chocolate and strawberry topping. This fluffy dessert is bursting with the best flavors and it makes a great snack or an after-dinner treat after any kind of entree.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (50630 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32490 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18634 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17664 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13855 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10672 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9871 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9523 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9060 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8607 Views)