South of the Border Style Chocolate Mousse Cake
If you enjoy desserts, which combine rich chocolate with delicious cinnamon, you will love the following recipe for chocolate mousse cake. The cinnamon enhances the flavor of the chocolate wonderfully and the strawberries add a splash of color, as well as some fruity juiciness. This is a very quick recipe to make and if you do not mind the mousse filling slightly runny rather than totally set, you do not have to chill it for the two hours; just make it and serve it.
This chocolate mousse cake recipe is made with instant chocolate pudding mix, which is one of the most popular instant pudding flavors. You could use a different flavor of instant pudding to make this recipe if you like; vanilla or strawberry would also be good. White chocolate would be interesting too. Combining chocolate with strawberries works well because of the contrasting textures and flavors. There are many chocolate and strawberry recipes and chocolate-covered strawberries are really popular as well.
You can make your own pie crust for this chocolate mousse cake if you want to but, to be honest, it is probably just as tasty with a readymade one. It makes this a quicker recipe to prepare too. This fluffy gelatin dessert is rich and creamy and finishes off any meal nicely.
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 readymade pie crust
- 6 fresh strawberries
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups Cool Whip
- Beat the pudding mix into the milk with an electric mixer or wire whisk for a couple of minutes.
- Fold in the cinnamon, 2 ½ cups of the Cool Whip and the vanilla extract and stir well.
- Pour this mixture into the pie crust and chill it for 2 hours.
- Garnish each slice with the remaining Cool Whip and a strawberry.
This decadent chocolate mousse cake recipe uses instant chocolate pudding to make the wonderful filling. The rich-colored, richly flavored cake is garnished with cream and strawberries, to add both color and a contrasting flavor. This dessert recipe is tasty with a cup of coffee in the afternoon and very good after dinner. Whether you are looking for easy dessert recipes or dinner party recipes, this dessert is certainly impressive, even though the recipe to make it is so simple. This chocolate mousse cake technically serves six people but you will find it difficult to refuse a second slice!
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49942 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32448 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17621 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10609 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9809 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8538 Views)