The Best Oreo Cookie Cake
This is a very impressive looking cake and one, which is elegant enough to serve at any occasion. The crust is a readymade Oreo crust. You could make your own, of course, but these crusts are pretty good.
The filling is a delicious mixture of Oreo instant pudding, cream, and milk, and then there is a layer of chocolate and finally a layer of royal icing. Royal icing is not hard to make but you have to frost the cake with it as soon as you have combined the ingredients because it sets when it comes into contact with the air. If you have some left over, you can refrigerate it. Since this frosting sets so fast, use the Oreo cookies to decorate the top of the cake as soon as you have covered it in frosting.
Serve this delicious Oreo cookie cake with chocolate syrup. It makes a great snack or dessert and this Oreo cookie cake recipe also goes well with a glass of cold milk as a sinful midnight treat! Adults and kids love Oreos and their delicious chocolate flavor makes them great to use in dessert recipes and cake recipes like this one.
- 1 readymade Oreo pie crust
- 2 packages Oreo instant pudding
- 2 ½ cups cold milk
- 8 oz whipped cream
- 8 Oreo sandwich cookies
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 8 squares semisweet chocolate
- Chocolate ice cream syrup, to serve
- Beat the cold milk and dry pudding mix together for a couple of minutes, using a whisk.
- Stir in the whipped cream and pour the mixture into the Oreo pie crust.
- Refrigerate the Oreo pie for 4 hours.
- Melt the chocolate and spread it over the top of the cake.
- Refrigerate the Oreo cake until the chocolate layer has set.
- Beat the lemon juice and egg whites with a hand mixer.
- Add the powdered sugar and beat the mixture on a low speed until it is smooth.
- Use a palette knife to cover the top and sides of the Oreo cake with this frosting and decorate the cake with the Oreo cookies.
- Serve the Oreo cake with chocolate ice cream syrup.
If you are a fan of chocolate, this Oreo cookie cake photo should make your mouth water. The crispy crust and firm frosting contrast nicely with the soft, creamy filling. This is a rich and delicious Oreo cookie cake. Maybe you have made other Oreo cookie cake recipes but this is certainly one of the best ones – maybe the best one of all. Royal icing can be tricky to work with unless you work fast, so perhaps you would prefer to smother the top of the cake with whipped cream or use a soft frosting.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32432 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18609 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17600 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13821 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10587 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9787 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9472 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9024 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8517 Views)