Three Layer Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipe
For the ultimate in indulgence, this chocolate mousse cake is a real winner. Made in three layers, this rich and decadent dessert is sure to impress your guests and leave them begging for more. One slice of this wonderful mousse cake recipe is never enough! The first layer is a chocolate cake, flavored simply with cocoa powder. The second layer is instant pudding and the top layer is a dark chocolate glaze. Chocoholics everywhere will love this recipe.
The mousse layer makes this a fluffy dessert and the smooth glaze contrasts nicely with the fluffiness of the mousse. The cake layer is light and airy. You can serve this cake with extra cream on the side or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It honestly does not need such a garnish because it is rich enough but if you like vanilla ice cream with chocolate cake, you might like to blend these flavors. The ice cream syrup is mainly just for garnish, as is the fresh mint, so do not worry about those ingredients if you do not have them.
You need to make this chocolate mousse cake recipe in stages because the cake needs to cool, the mousse needs to set and so does the frosting, but it is well worth the effort because this cake has an incredible flavor.
- 8 ¾ oz egg (not including shells)
- 4 ½ oz white sugar
- 1 ¼ oz corn flour
- 1 ¾ oz melted butter
- 1 oz cocoa powder
- 3 ½ oz all purpose flour
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 7 oz dark chocolate
- ⅓ pint warm heavy cream
- 1 ½ oz butter
- Chocolate ice cream syrup, for garnish
- Strawberry ice cream syrup, for garnish
- 6 sprigs fresh mint, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Beat the eggs in a bowl with an electric mixer and pour in the sugar gradually.
- Put the bowl over a pan of simmering water and keep beating the batter until it is thick. You can use a whisk if you do not have an electric mixer.
- Take the bowl off the heat, and then sift in the cocoa, flour, and corn flour.
- Fold in the butter and transfer the mixture to a greased, floured 9 inch springform tin.
- Bake the cake for half an hour or until it is firm in the middle and has pulled away from the edges.
- Turn it on to a cake rack and let it cool.
- Whisk the chocolate pudding mix with the cream and milk.
- Return the cooled cake to the springform pan and spoon the mousse over the top.
- Chill it for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Melt the dark chocolate with the butter over a pan of gently simmering water, then add the cream and stir it quickly to get a smooth and glossy result.
- Let it cool and thicken, then spread it over the top of the chocolate mousse cake.
- Chill for an hour. Drizzle the ice cream syrup over 6 serving plates and top each one with a slice of mousse cake.
- Garnish them with the fresh mint leaves.
As you can see from the picture, this chocolate mousse cake recipe is really nice to look at and it is guaranteed to taste amazing too. The cake is flavored with cocoa, the mousse layer is flavored with instant pudding, and the top layer is flavored with dark chocolate, to give this chocolate mousse cake three different chocolate tastes and add to its appeal. If you like chocolate, you will love this wonderful pudding mousse dessert. It is quite rich so you might like to cut the mousse cake into eight servings rather than six, if you have already enjoyed a filling entree.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (47844 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (31942 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18373 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17085 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13554 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10000 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9232 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9174 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (8822 Views)
- Fresh Strawberry Trifle Recipe with Red Wine (7856 Views)