Triple Layer Chocolate Cake with Marshmallow Cream
Attention chocoholics everywhere – you are going to love this triple layer chocolate cake! You just have to combine chocolate cake with white chocolate pudding, marshmallow cream and chocolate flakes to make this delicious dessert recipe.
If you cannot get chocolate flakes, just chill some chocolate until it is very cold and use a cheese grater to grate it. This will not work with warm chocolate so you might have to chill it again halfway through. You can keep the chocolate flakes or grated chocolate in the refrigerator, until you are ready to use it. Melted chocolate flakes tend to stop being flakes after a while.
This triple layer chocolate mousse cake makes a great dessert at any occasion and it is pretty simple to make too. The combination of marshmallow and white chocolate is heavenly and this is a rich, decadent, and filling cake recipe. You can alter some of the ingredients if you like. Try making this recipe with a yellow cake instead of a chocolate cake. You can make it without the marshmallow cream too, if you prefer. A few strawberries or raspberries on top would be a nice garnish for this triple layer chocolate pie too.
- 1 chocolate cake mix, 2 layer size
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups cold milk
- 10 oz chocolate flakes
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 lb whipped cream
- ½ container marshmallow cream
- 2 packages white chocolate instant pudding
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the cake batter with the oil, eggs, and water, following the instructions on the package.
- Divide it between three 9 inch pans and bake it for an hour or until the cake is springy when you gently press it down.
- Cool the cake in the pans for 10 minutes, and then remove them to wire racks.
- Let the cool completely.
- Combine the pudding mix, sugar, and milk, whisking until the mixture is very thick.
- Stir in the cream gently and chill the white chocolate pudding mixture for 15 minutes.
- Put one layer of cake on a serving plate and spread ¼ of the pudding mixture over the top.
- Cover with the second cake layer and spread the top with another ¼ of the pudding mixture. Put the final cake layer on top.
- Stir the marshmallow cream into the remaining pudding mixture, and then spread this over the top and sides of the cake.
- Sprinkle the chocolate flakes all over the top of the cake and use your fingers to decorate the cake sides with them too.
- Chill the cake for an hour.
This delicious and fluffy-looking triple layer chocolate mousse cake is simple to make. You just combine puddings, chocolate cake and chocolate flakes to make this delicious dessert recipe. If you love marshmallows, white chocolate and milk chocolate, this dessert is really going to thrill your taste buds. There are quite a few different dessert recipes using instant puddings and this chocolate cake has to be one of the best ones. Instant pudding makes a great frosting and it is a great ingredient to sandwich cake layers together. The whipped cream thickens the pudding up quite a lot. A runny pudding would not be good at fusing the cake layers together.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32443 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17617 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10605 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9807 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9033 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8536 Views)