Creamy Strawberry Angel Cake Recipe
If you like to make easy strawberry and angel food cake desserts, this strawberry angel food cake recipe is well worth a go, since it tastes so special. This gelatin cake recipe features strawberry gelatin, angel food cake mix, and fresh strawberries. If you are quite new to dessert making, do not worry, because this one is really simple to make.
This would be a great gelatin recipe to make for a special occasion, such as a birthday or anniversary, or even for dessert after a romantic Valentines meal. It is light and airy and tastes sublime.
You can substitute raspberry gelatin and raspberries if you like for a change in this strawberry angel food cake, or in fact any other combination of berries and berry flavored gelatin. You can make this gelatin dessert recipe a couple of hours before dinner because it keeps well in the refrigerator and will be well chilled by the time you want it.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 ¼ pints sliced strawberries
- 1 package white angel food cake mix
- 3 oz strawberry gelatin
- Make the cake mix according to the directions on the packet, bake it, and let it cool.
- Add the boiling water to the gelatin and stir until the gelatin powder dissolves.
- Stir in the cold water and chill for an hour or until it is thicker but not set.
- Fold in half the Cool Whip and all but ¼ pint of the strawberries.
- Chill for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Split the angel food cake across so you get 3 layers.
- Fill each layer with gelatin mixture and spread the rest of the Cool Whip on top of the cake.
- Garnish with the rest of the strawberries.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49943 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32452 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18617 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17626 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13832 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10612 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9816 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9483 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8546 Views)