Luscious Lemon and Strawberry Mousse Cake
This delicious and nice-looking strawberry mousse cake recipe is made in two layers. First, there is the cake layer, which is a fluffy sponge cake. Second, there is a creamy, strawberry-flavored mousse layer, which is flavored with brandy, lemon juice and strawberry gelatin, as well as fresh strawberries. This gelatin dessert recipes is perfect for fans of strawberries and if they are in season or if you like to grow strawberries yourself, this is one of the tastiest gelatin recipes to use them in.
There are quite a few different strawberry gelatin recipes to choose from, so whether you prefer a fluffy gelatin dessert, a gelatin cheesecake or a layered gelatin mold recipe, it might be worth growing some strawberries yourself. They are really easy to grow and it works out a lot cheaper than buying them every time.
You can use vinegar in the cake recipe if you prefer, rather than lemon juice. The cake batter needs an acidic ingredient so you can use either of those. You will not be able to taste the vinegar in the finished cake but the lemon perhaps goes better with the strawberry flavor in this strawberry mousse cake.
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ oz cake flour
- 1 ¾ oz cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 crushed vanilla cookies
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 oz package strawberry gelatin
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- Separate the egg yolks and whites. Beat the yolks with the sugar until the mixture is fluffy and pale, and then add the vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Beat the egg whites with the lemon juice in a clean, grease-free mixing bowl.
- Keep beating the mixture until it forms soft peaks.
- Add the yolk mixture to the egg white mixture and stir.
- Sift the cornstarch and cake flour into the egg mixture and stir gently.
- Pour this batter into a 12 inch round cake pan and bake it for about 35 minutes.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool while you make the mousse.
- Take the stems out of the strawberries and rinse them.
- Blend half to make a puree and cut the rest into halves.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the water in a big bowl, and then stir in the milk.
- Add the sugar to the gelatin mixture, and then add the brandy, egg yolks, and lemon juice.
- Whip the cream until it is thick, then pour the gelatin mixture and the pureed strawberries into the cream, and mix well.
- Arrange some of the strawberry halves around the outside of the cake and smooth the mousse mixture over the top.
- Decorate the gelatin mousse cake with strawberry halves and cookie crumbs.
- Chill for 3 hours before serving.
Strawberry desserts always look beautiful. There are few things more attractive than the sight of plump, juicy strawberries decorating a cake, pie or other gelatin dessert. This strawberry mousse cake makes a deliciously light and fruity spring or summer dessert recipe and its attractive appearance makes it appealing to adults and kids alike. If you are making this for kids, you might want to omit the brandy! The strawberry gelatin in this recipe is to enhance the overall strawberry flavor and to give the mousse a thick enough texture not to slide off the cake layer.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32433 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18609 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17600 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13821 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10587 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9789 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9473 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9026 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8519 Views)