Vanilla and Orange Creamsicle Cake Recipe
Orange gelatin is used in addition to orange cake mix and vanilla pudding. The topping for this orange dream cake is sugar, cream cheese, Cool Whip, vanilla, and orange gelatin. Unlike many gelatin salad recipes and gelatin recipes in general, this recipe includes baking.
The vanilla and orange really complement one another and the cream cheese makes a rich and flavorful frosting, when mixed with the other frosting ingredients. This is a simple recipe to make and it is also quite quick.
When the cake is baked, it is then cooled and frosted and you should keep it in the refrigerator. The delicious aromas and flavors of the orange and vanilla shine through and this is a moist, delicate cake, which is great with coffee or an orange liqueur (or both!) on the side. This orange dream cake will keep well in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
- 1 box orange cake mix
- 3 tablespoons orange pudding
- 1 small pack instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 3 tablespoons orange gelatin powder
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 6 orange slices, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Make up the cake according to the instructions on the pack, and then add the orange pudding and vanilla pudding.
- Bake in a 13 x 9 inch pan for 35 minutes.
- Mix the powdered sugar, gelatin powder, and cream cheese.
- Fold in the vanilla and Cool Whip and spread this frosting over the cooled cake.
- Keep the creamsicle cake orange gelatin dessert in the refrigerator.
- If liked, you may decorate the top of the cake with orange slices.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32445 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17620 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10605 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9807 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9035 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8537 Views)