Cranberry Scones Recipe
Are you looking for the perfect breakfast recipe to make for the children on a busy morning or during the holidays? Try my amazing cranberry scones recipe today! Watch my easy to follow recipe video that I have posted below for step-by-step instructions on how to make cranberry scones for your family today!
While in Britain you enjoy Tea Time in a sitting room amongst family and friends. You savor the hot tea as you nibble on various delicacies like scones and other customary sweets of the country.
Awe, but alas, you are not in Brittan and although you dearly enjoyed the scones during your last visit fresh scones are not easy to be had. Well, not to fear, with this Cranberry Scones recipe you can have scones any time you want!
This Cranberry Scones Recipe
To make this delicious Cranberry Scones recipe you need only real butter, cranberries, confectioners’ sugar, orange peel, flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and buttermilk. Following the given directions below you will be making your own Cranberry Scones in no time at all, and like a pro!
Now pour yourself a cup of your favorite hot tea, prop your feet up and enjoy your freshly made hot tea and Cranberry Scones with your homemade cranberry orange butter.
The Best Cranberry Scones Recipe
Scones are very popular in England and they are often served with jam and clotted cream, and perhaps a pot of tea too. Scones are filling and delicious, and their dense texture makes them supremely satisfying. If you want to make your own scones, this is one of the best scones recipes to choose because the results will be so good.
Featuring cranberries and orange zest, the recipe is fruity and extra-special. The next time you are inviting friends over for afternoon tea, you might wish to serve these. Your friends will be seriously impressed if you do. Anybody can make this wonderful cranberry scones recipe. You probably already know cranberries have various health benefits. They are packed with antioxidants and can help to fight bladder infections, tumors and bad cholesterol levels. This is yet another reason to make this yummy scone recipe.
Although scones are good served with butter or jam and cream, this recipe tells you how to make a zesty cranberry butter, because that goes so well with the scones. The cranberry butter is made first and then allowed to chill. The scones themselves are made the traditional way, with buttermilk, flour, sugar, butter, and more. Serve the scones warm from the oven with the zesty butter you prepared earlier for the quintessential English afternoon tea treat.
Have You Ever Made Cranberry Scones?
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar,
- ½ teaspoon grated orange zest,
- ½ cup fresh or frozen cranberries,
- 1½ cups softened butter,
- ⅔ cup white sugar,
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour,
- ½ teaspoon baking soda,
- ¾ cup buttermilk,
- ¾ cup butter,
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries,
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- Just follow these simple directions!
- First make the cranberry butter.
- Cream the butter, the stir in the cranberries, powdered sugar and orange peel.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Meanwhile, combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs, then stir in the cranberries.
- Stir in the buttermilk until just moistened.
- Turn on to a lightly floured surface and gently knead 6-8 times.
- Divide in half and pat each half into an 8-inch circle.
- Cut each circle into 8 wedges.
- Arrange them an inch apart on ungreased baking sheets and bake at 400 degrees F for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the pans to wire racks and serve warm with the cranberry butter.
Photo Credit: Cranberry Scones by peyri, on Flickr
Cranberry Scones Recipe Cooking Videos
Watch these cooking videos to learn how to make scones
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32438 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18611 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17608 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13824 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10597 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9799 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9475 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9027 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8525 Views)