Chocolate Banana Cream Cake with a Walnut Crust
The key to making this chocolate banana cream cake is making the pudding mixes up with less milk than you would normally use. Also, in two of the layers you use cream cheese to make it even thicker. Perhaps you have made finger gelatin recipes before, which is when you add less water than normal to the gelatin, in order to get a thicker, more concentrated result.
The same technique is used here, with the instant pudding and halving the amount of milk gives you a thicker pudding. If you use regular strength pudding the layers will bleed into each other and you will not get the same result. It would taste the same but look sloppier.
If you enjoy using instant pudding in recipes, you will be delighted at how easy this impressive cream cake recipe made with banana cream instant pudding actually is to prepare. The crust is baked, to give it a mouthwatering crispy texture and the filling is soft, creamy, and chilled. The topping is pure chocolate and the gummy candies finish the dessert off nicely. If you are serving this at a buffet or party, it is a good idea to use banana candies or jellies to decorate the slices of this chocolate banana cream cake, so anyone who does not like banana can tell at a glance that it contains banana.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 stick melted butter
- 4 cups milk
- 1 box instant banana cream pudding
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding
- 2 boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 4 oz thawed whipped topping
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate
- Mint and banana gummy candies or jellies, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 9 inch baking tray or a round 8 cup cake pan.
- Combine the butter, flour, and walnuts and press this mixture into the bottom of the baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, and then let it cool.
- Beat the powdered sugar with the cream cheese until the mixture is creamy.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Spoon half of this mixture over the cooled crust, spreading it to the edges using a spatula.
- Whisk the vanilla pudding mixes with 2 cups of the milk until the mixture is thick.
- This will take a few minutes.
- Spoon half of it over the cream cheese layer and spread it evenly with a spatula.
- Whisk the banana pudding with 1 cup of the milk until thick.
- Whisk the chocolate pudding with the remaining milk until thick.
- Spread the banana pudding layer over the vanilla layer, and then spread the rest of the vanilla pudding on top.
- Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture over the top of this, and then follow with the chocolate pudding layer.
- Melt the semisweet chocolate over a double boiler, then pour it over the dessert and leave it to set.
- Decorate each serving with a couple of gummy candies or jellies.
The photo shows what a stunning result you can get by following the above recipe. Take care when spreading the pudding layers over one another, so you get nice even lines and a more professional result. This chocolate banana cream cake is a decadent and luxurious dessert, which kids will love just as much as adults are. The gummy candies are a fun touch, although they are optional. This chocolate vanilla banana cream cake will appeal to anyone with a sweet tooth who loves instant pudding, especially the banana cream flavor one.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32436 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18610 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17603 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13824 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10594 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9795 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9474 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9027 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8523 Views)