Golden Rum Cake Recipe
Amazing Golden Rum Cake Recipe
Have you been searching for the perfect dessert recipe to take to the next family get together or to make for the girls when they come over for a glass of wine and some gossip time?
Golden Rum Cake
This deliciously moist Golden Rum Cake is infused with just the right amount of rum to create the most glorious cake you have ever tasted. Light yellow cake blended with creamy vanilla pudding creates a moist heavenly cake.
History indicates that the rum cake actually originated in the Caribbean Islands. According to reports, it was brought over sometime in mid 17th century by the settlers of England. The traditional recipe was changed by the African slaves brought over who were the cooks for the settlers. Through the years the recipe has essentially remained the same with the exception of the types of rum used.
This Golden Rum Cake is a fabulous presentation when baked in a bundt cake pan that has a decorative rim. Dusted with powdered sugar it is truly a beautiful cake. You can create an even more decadent cake by melting a bit of butter and adding rum into the melted butter. Stir rum into melted butter while adding sugar and let simmer without boiling.
Pour this into the bottom of the prepared bundt pan, reserving about 3 tablespoons. Pour cake batter into bundt cake pan and bake as directed. Once this beautiful Golden Rum Cake has baked remove from oven. After cooling, invert onto cake platter and brush with reserved rum sugar mixture. Dust with powdered sugar and serve! Oh, My Goodness this is divine and if it is possible, makes this Golden Rum Cake an even more decadent treat.
What a lovely and special cake presentation for the next ladies’ luncheon or office coffee break. You will receive numerous requests for this divine Golden Rum Cake recipe from everyone whose taste buds have the pleasure of enjoying this cake.
This would make an excellent dessert entree for the next family get together you host. To begin your meal, start with a coconut shrimp appetizer. Add grilled shrimp with tangy mango habanero dip to the appetizer course to appease everyone. A wonderfully succulent meal of pork ribs with mango pineapple sauce, grilled baby potatoes with garlic, mushrooms and onions.
A lovely green leafy salad with mandarin oranges, slivered almonds, and raisins with a delicious pineapple mango dressing would make a great side dish. What a lovely and delicious tropical themed meal.
Light the Tiki Torches, fire up the grill and get this delicious tropically infused dinner going. What could be better than this exotic meal with the lovely Golden Rum Cake as the dessert. Serve this lovely Golden Rum Cake with delicious Kahlua-infused coffee for the adults.
Add some lovely alcohol-free tropical slushy drinks for the children and you have your own tropical party. Do not be surprised if you spy guests peering about in expectation of the graceful Hawaiian dancers in their grass skirts!
No matter where you decide to serve this decadently moist and luscious Golden Rum Cake, you can surely expect requests for this recipe. This will become one of the most requested dessert recipes of all time in your delicious collection of recipes.
Your baking skills will be considered superb by all who have the ultimate pleasure of tasting this Golden Rum Cake.
Do You Like Rum Cake?
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 18¼ oz yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup dark rum
- 3½ oz package instant vanilla pudding mix
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup water
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Blend the cake mix and pudding mix, then whisk in the eggs, ½ cup water, oil and ½ cup of the rum.
- Pour the batter over the chopped nuts in the pan.
- Bake for an hour or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes in the pan, then turn it out on to a serving plate.
- Combine the butter with ¼ cup of water and a cup of sugar in a pan and bring this mixture to a boil.
- Boil it for 5 minutes, stirring all the time, to make the glaze, then take it off the heat and add the remaining ½ cup of rum.
- Brush the glaze over the cake top and sides.
- Let the cake absorb the glaze and repeat until all glaze has been used.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if you like.
This golden rum cake not only is a joy to eat but equally as beautiful to look at when done. It is not the most complicated cake you can make and that is part of the appeal. It is purely simple and good tasting and the rum keeps the cake both moist and flavorful. Don’t worry about the rum – it will bake off. The glaze will retain a bit but you will be left with the most delightful flavor you have had in a long time. If you are looking for a dessert that will impress your guests for afternoon tea or just a light dessert to finish a meal, this is a good cake to make. It is very nice.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32438 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17610 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10599 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9478 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9029 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8526 Views)