Iced Pecan Strawberry Coconut Cake
As far as coconut cake recipes go, the following coconut cake recipe is a winner. This is like a cross between a gelatin cake recipe and a fresh strawberry cake in flavor. Nuts, coconut, and strawberries add decadence and flavor to this coconut cake and the cake is iced after cooling for a nice looking finish.
The fresh strawberries on the top of the cake make it look great and you can take this strawberry cake to a party or special occasion because it is large enough to feed quite a few hungry people. Alternatively, you can enjoy it as an indulgent after dinner treat.
This pecan strawberry coconut cake would make a good birthday cake or celebratory cake if you want something a bit unusual, because it is so delicious looking and the flavor is so good. Even though there are quite a few ingredients in this coconut cake recipe, it is well worth making when you want something for a special occasion.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 5 eggs
- 3 oz pack strawberry gelatin
- 1 white cake mix
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- ½ cup coconut
- ½ cup chopped strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the gelatin, oil, cake mix and milk, then add an egg at a time, beating the mixture on a medium speed after each addition.
- Fold in the nuts, coconut, and strawberries and pour the mixture into 3 greased, floured cake pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until done.
- Blend the icing ingredients and ice the cake when it has cooled.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32436 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18610 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17603 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13824 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10596 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9797 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9475 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9027 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8523 Views)